{22}

"A ball?! What is that bastard planning?" Minato growled under his breath as he crossed his arms on the table that was associated for his family. The Wind queen placed her hand on her husband's arm, attempting to sooth down his anger. She herself didn't understand the motive behind the ball as they have never been informed about it in the invitation card. However, the way her husband is acting especially in the fire kingdom, may put them in serious trouble.

"Minato, dear, calm down, this is not the great place to talk in that manner," Kushina scolded, watching as her husband huffed in annoyance at the inconvenience. The hall was slowly emptying out, as the other guests are heading about in the palace towards the areas they are permitted to explore. The Wind's royal family kept themselves rooted, the king and queen seated on the table as they conversed regarding this ball, while the young prince and his personal guard were seated on another table with the young Fire prince.

"Where is Nii-san? he doesn't usually leave me without telling me where he is going," Naruto asked, turning around to look up at his bodyguard who just simply shrugged in response. How was he supposed to know where his prince was when he was constantly denied of being followed. However, a single movement from the young Fire prince managed to attract Kakashi's attention. Sasuke had a slight idea of why the Wind's heir isn't present with the rest of his family, but all he knows is that his elder brother is occupying him at the moment.

"Aniki has excused himself with prince Kurama earlier," Sasuke informed causing Kakashi's brow to raise in confusion while Naruto's head tilted slightly to the side. Of course, Naruto is used to the unexpected absence of his elder brother, however, what has gotten him quite perplexed was the idea of Kurama leaving with someone else. Kakashi seemed to be on the same boat as his eyes slightly widened in surprise, quite a lovely surprise which he isn't afraid to keep reminding his young heir.

"Do you know why? prince Sasuke?" the young wind prince inquired, watching in defeat as the fire prince shrugged in response. Kakashi's gaze turned towards the Fire's prince, hoping that he has any idea of what his young heir has been up to. However, all the information he has received is the fact that his young heir is messing about with the Fire's heir somewhere deep in the palace. And he has no clue on how to protect his young heir without having the slightest clue over where he is.

"Prince Sasuke, I have one more question to ask of you," Naruto informed, brining in the attention of his bodyguard, the young Fire's prince already has all his attention directed towards the Wind's prince since the beginning of Wind's royal family's arrival. How could his attention be anywhere else when there is a person more than qualified for his attention, with such beauty and bright personality. Sasuke nodded in response, awaiting for the young wind prince to go on with his question, gladly willing to solely converse with such beauty.

"What is a ball?" The young, naïve prince asked with a slight tilt to the right, awaiting for his response. Sasuke on the other hand seemed completely complexed, he is quite sure that Naruto was a pure blood royal from the Wind kingdom, it is quite customary for a prince to dance at any ball, even so, any ordinary person must know what a ball is. Kakashi lowered his head down slightly, attempting to hide his facial features hoping that none of the young princes will notice the rapid twitching beneath his mask, as he is finding it quite difficult to contain in his laughter at the expression the young fire prince is giving.

"Have... Do.... What do you mean by that exactly?" Sasuke attempted to form a sentence, yet failing from the sheer confusion of the question. Saying that the young Wind prince is unique is quite an understatement, of course Sasuke has never seen anyone with bright and vibrant features, but he himself, hasn't seen anyone as clueless as the young prince in front of him either. The shaking figure of said prince's bodyguard didn't help him at all, understanding bright as day that he was laughing at his confusion.