{12}

"Mother told me to summon you to the throne room; after all, the guests had arrived," the young prince said as he turned to face the family in front of him. Naruto was perplexed and concerned as he peered into the dark and cold eyes of the Uchiha prince. What had happened to make the little prince's eyes so cold? Kushina nodded and motioned for her children to follow her to the palace throne room. Sasuke's gaze was fixed on Naruto's back as he walked behind the family. Even at such a young age, the prince desired to have this enthralling prince all to himself. The young prince shivered as he realized there were eyes on his back.

Ignoring all the warnings the prince's mind was shrieking, Naruto turned to meet the young Uchiha prince's gaze. Both young princes remained staring at one other's eyes without even realizing it. The crystal blue eyes captivated the young Uchiha prince, while the black ebony eyes piqued the young Uzumaki-Namikaze prince's interest. "We have arrived, thank you for summoning us, prince Sasuke, but both myself and my fox cubs must meet and greet the other royals properly," Kushina broke their stare-off as she took hold of her two young boys and smiled at the young prince. Sasuke nodded as he watched the queen lead her children away from him.

Looking behind him, Naruto could still see Sasuke staring at him without blinking. When the young prince turned back, he saw that his mother and older brother were standing in front of a strange family. Each member of the royal family wears a silver crown with dark sapphires embedded in it. Connecting this knowledge to what his father told him at home. Naruto deduced that these are members of the Water kingdom's family. Because of their shark-like looks, the young prince stared at them for an unpleasant amount of time. "And this pipsqueak is supposed to be the winds' future duke," a tall man said as he looked down at the little princes.

The Water's heir looked rather menacing with that threatening demeaner surrounding him, while the young wind's prince cowered behind his older brother. Fear quickly returned to him, indicating that this isn't some sort of meet and greet, but rather a silent war. As he stared up at the Water's heir, Kurama sensed his younger brother's discomfort and fear. The Water's heir, Kisame smirked down at the princes of the Wind, and wondered whether this redhead was his future rival. However, the prince was still curious as to whether these two princes knew anything about the so-called demon spirit fox that had been the talk of the town in his realm.

Both princes did resemble foxes due to their distinctive whiskers, but he couldn't complain because his own family resembles their kingdom's spiritual animal, a shark. His younger brothers, remained seated on one of the tables set on this side of the hall, turning to look to the side. As he spoke with the queen of the Wind country, his father maintained a peaceful setting. Realizing that no other person was near by, Kisame bent down to reach the young princes' height quickly caused both princes to take a step back. "Have you ever heard of the Nine Tails demon spirit fox?" Kisame inquired of the boys, who were staring at him with wide eyes while the Winds heir clutched his younger brother tightly.

After all, kids are simpler to read than teenagers or adults, so their hesitation was able to validate his suspicions. "Of course we have, the fox is nothing more than a fable, a myth to be dreaded," Kurama explained as he rapidly reapplied his poker face. Kisame nodded, joining façade as he internally laughed at the prince's attempt to conceal the fact that the demon fox was standing just behind the heir. Kisame, on the other hand, beamed at the success, knowing that his goal for the day had been met, and that he would soon submit his results to his father. "Thank you for your time, your highness; I would swiftly present my fox cubs, the heir to the kingdom Kurama and his younger brother and future duke Naruto," Kushina said as she moved over to her children's side. The faster they are introduced, the sooner they will be able to leave this family. After all, the queen was once imprisoned in the kingdom during the reign of the Water's former king.