Chapter 8

As I was coming up to my house I saw a group of people in front. I was getting curious so I got closer but stuck to the shadows. "You don't understand!!!! She is my baby!!!! The dragons want her!!!!!" I heard my mother yelling out to the people. I saw that she was being held by my father. "The dragons want my little kitten cause they think she is one of them!!!!" My mother kept shouting a big viking man who was standing in front of my parents.

"Stoic you need to find my daughter she can not be out here in the open. The dragons will do whatever it takes to take her away from me!!!" My mother was being hysterical. I looked at the man she called 'Stoic' to see he didn't know what to do. I slowly started to walk up to them knowing that it was time to get this over with.

"Kitten!!!!" My mother yelled and rushed to me hugging me tightly. I push her off of me. "Why are you causing a scene mother?" I ask haughtily. "You disappeared!! I thought the dragons had come back and took you while I wasn't paying attention" She exclaimed. "Why would the dragons be after me?" I ask her as she keeps trying to grab me. I kept dodging her arms continuing the conversation with everyone watching us.

I heard the murmurs of people talking. "So there really is a third child" "Is she really a Thorston? She doesn't even look like them" And so on I sigh before turning around and addressing the chief and other vikings. "Yes I am the youngest triplet of the Thorston triplets! I am Kitten Thorston and have been hidden in this house my entire life for reasons unknown to me" I state with a firm voice.

I turn back to my mother who was looking to the sky trying to find me with her hands. I take her hands and put them to her side as my father walks up and holds her arms while looking down at me. "Why did you guys lock me up all my life?" I ask them bluntly. They both looked at me with an unsure and uneasy look. I look at them expectantly and see my siblings walk up to the crowd. I motion them to come stand with me.

After Ruff and Tuff were standing on either side of me I looked at my parents. "I want the truth. Why was I locked up in this house my whole life?" I firmly ask. Ruff and Tuff put their hands on my shoulders and look at our parents. My mother sighed before she looked at me.

"When you three were born a dragon attack happened. You three were put in the nursery and left with Gothy. Your father fought close to home the best that he could and I was just trying to keep the house from burning down. I went to get water to put a fire out when I heard a loud crash and crying" My mother said trying not to cry.

She sniffled and my father continued for her. "A dragon had crashed through the wall of the nursery knocking Gothy out. When your mother got up to your nursery your brother and sister were being held by Gothy who was passed out. You were in you crib and the dragon was hovering over you. Your mother went to attack the dragon and in the process the dragon cut a huge gash across your chest causing you to start bleeding." I looked at my parents in disbelief. I mean come on that would have killed me and yet here I was standing and breathing.

My mother grabbed my hand and continued the story. "I slashed at the dragon and fought it with all of my might. I gave the dragon a deep gash and it fell on top of you. I thought it crushed you. The dragon then groaned and wobbled up looked at you then at me and flew away. I then rushed to you to see that your cut was healing really fast and you were covered in the dragons blood. You use to look just like your siblings but after that night you started to change your eyes turned so green. Your hair turned black as night and your skin paled" She finished.

I looked at her then my father. I looked around me at all of the villagers. I saw the rest of the village had also arrived along with the rest of the academy group. I saw Hiccup standing next to Stoic. The look on his face was the same as everyone else. Even my own brother and sister looked shocked and horrified. All the faces started swim around me making me dizzy ever thing started to look twisted and my mind was screaming at me to run.

I started to hyperventilate. "Wh-what dragon was it that bled into me?" I gasp out. I didn't want to know but I had to. "I think it was a..." she looked at my father they mumbled and my father looked me in the eyes and said "We believe that it was a nightfury" I felt a twinge in my chest. I clenched my hands and hugged myself. I looked around again but everything was blending together. This was to much, I couldn't take it.

So I ran.