Chapter 23

When I opened my eyes the next morning everything was a little blurry. I blinked a few times and shifted around. I stopped when I felt I couldn't move. I blinked my eyes some more and look down. I see Hiccups chest where my hands lay. I laid there taking in the position that Hiccup and I were in.

His arms tightened around my waist making me blush. I was laying on his chest with his hands wrapped snuggly around my waist. Our legs were tangled up together. I couldn't move at all which didn't help with my urge to go to the bathroom. I tried to untangle our legs and got one out. I pushed on Hiccups chest hoping that his arms would let go of my waist.

As I pushed a little more Hiccup rolls over causing me to fall back to the bed. I huff and blow a piece of my hair out of my face. Then I realize what position I am in. Hiccup is practically laying on top of me his face is literally right in front of me. Our lips were a millimeter from each other. I felt his hot breath on my face as my face heated up so much I thought I was going to pass out.

I wiggled as hard as I could trying to get this boy off of me and escape this bed. "Mmmm quit moving" Hiccup mumbles as he slowly opens his eyes and looks at me. My face was burning as his groggy eyes look at me. They slowly cleared until realization finally hit. He jumped up and fell off the bed landing on his back.

I slowly sat up and crawled to the edge of the bed. I looked down at Hiccup who was staring at the ceiling with a red face. "You ok there Hic?" I ask as I climb off the bed. "*sigh* Ya just wasn't expecting that kind of wake up call" He says as he groans. I offer my hand which he grabs. I hoist him up to his feet with a good tug.

"So you ready to test the final product" Hiccup asks me as he grabs his cheat sheet and we head down to the kitchen. "Sure lets see how we did and how well you learned the pedal" I say as I grab an apple. "Be right back" I say as I run to the bathroom after finishing the apple. I ran outside to see Hiccup waiting for me.

"Lets go Hic" I tell him as I run past him. "Race ya there" I say as I continue to run towards the forest smiling. "Hey! No fair! You got a head start!" He yells behind me. "Even with a five minute head start Hic I'd still beat you" I taunt him. I turn while running to look at him and stick my tongue out at him.

"Catch me if you can slow poke!" I yell as I continue to run to the cove. I stay a little in front of him so that he can attempt to catch me. I speed up every time he lunges for me causing him to stumble or fall. We arrived at the cove to see the dragons watching us run up to them. "Ha! I win!" I yell as I stop and jump pumping my fist in excitement.

"And I caught you!" Hiccup says as he wraps his arms around my waist lifting me up in the air. "Hiccup! Put me down!" I yell blushing slightly. "Heheh you told me to catch you if I could and obviously I caught you" He says as he continues to hold me in his arms. "Ok you caught me now put me down!" I say as I try to pry his hands away from my waist. "What do I get for catching you?" He asks as he wraps his arms more securely around my hips.

"Wha-what?!" I squeak out. "Don't I get a prize for catching you?" He asks innocently. "No! Now let me go" I say blushing more at how close we were. I could feel his warmth and I just wanted to snuggle up to him and stay there. But I knew that I needed to get away from him before that happened otherwise things would be awkward between us.

"Nope. Not until I get a prize" He states stubbornly. "Ugh! Fine!" I say irritably. I turn to face him and grab his face. I pulled him close and kissed his cheek. "There now let me go" I say turning back around blushing. I feel his arms loosen and I jump away from him as fast as I could. I walked up to Amenyx. "Geez stupid boy. He wouldn't let go" I tell her quietly. "Heheh you should have seen his face when you kissed him. He still looks really giddy from it" She says.

I peek at Hiccup behind my hair and see that he in fact smiling widely. Why is he so happy that I kissed his cheek? Is it really that good? I shrug and hug Amenyx. "Amenyx we get to go flying today" I tell her as I pull away with a smile. "We have to watch and make sure that Hiccup and Toothless don't die on their test flight" I look at Hiccup and Toothless.

Hiccup was finishing strapping the saddle onto Toothless. "Ready when you are Hic" I say as I walk up to the boys. I pet Toothless's head to which I receive a purr from. "I get to fly! I get to fly!" Toothless keeps chanting. I giggled at the happy dragon. "Don't get yourselves killed out there" I tell Hiccup as he mounts Toothless. "Don't worry I have my cheat sheet" He says while strapping himself in.

"Ya I know. But it might not help in the end and you might need to rely on sheer instinct" I tell him as I hop onto Amenyx's back. "I just want you to be careful out there is all ok?" I tell him. "I understand Kit. Toothless and I will work it out trust us" He says scratching Toothless on the neck.

"Toothless knows how to fly. He doesn't know the mechanics of the pedal so this is a learning experience for the both of you. Just be careful" I say before I grab the rope to help Hiccup and Toothless get off the ground. Stay close to the water so that it's easier for us to grab you guys ok?" I tell him. "Got it" He says. With that we take off into the sky.