Chapter 36

"It totally makes sense it's like a bee hive" Astrid was saying as we came back to the cove. "They're the workers and that was the queen" She continues as the two dragons trot to a stop. "It controls them" She says as she hops off of Amenyx's back. "Lets find your dad" She says while running off. "No no. No not yet" Hiccup says running up to her stopping her. "They'll kill Toothless" He started. "And Amenyx" I put in rubbing said dragons head. "No Astrid we have to think this through carefully" Hiccup says looking down thinking. "Hiccup we just discovered the dragons nest. The thing Vikings have been after since we first sailed here. And you want to keep it a secret?! To protect your pet dragons?! Are you serious?!" She exclaims.

I look over to the blonde girl. "Astrid we are doing this for our dragons. They are our best friends. If we go to the others right now we would be signing over their lives to Hiccups dad and the rest of the village" I turn away after telling her that. I mean come one would she sell out her best friend like that? I wouldn't. And I won't. Hiccup just simply looked at her with the most determined face I have ever seen him wear saying a simple "Yes". Astrid looked astonished. Hiccup turned away from her slightly. Her face softened and she said "Ok then what do we do?" "Just give me until tomorrow. I'll figure something out" He says as he takes off his riding gear.

"Ok" She says then punches his arm. "That's for kidnapping me" She says. I snicker trying to hold back a laugh. There was a moment of silence and I turn to see Astrid grab Hiccup and kiss his cheek. A burning feeling scorched through my stomach. I walk off away from them. "That's for well everything else" She says. I barely heard anything else after that as I silently stalk off out of the cove. I spread my wings out and took to the sky to get away from the cove. As I flew through the air I felt that burning in my stomach again as I thought about what I just saw. I let out a loud roar and a giant plasma blast shot out of my mouth. I ground my teeth together trying to calm down but failing miserably.

I landed on a small rock fissure poking out of the water and just collapsed feeling weak. "Why do I feel like this?" I say softly looking down at my hands. "This feeling in my stomach is bothering me and I don't even know what it is" I mumble to myself. I look up and see a rock formation that strangely looks like a human. I stood up and walked to it. I lightly punch it. Nothing happens. I punch it a little harder. Little throbbing in my hand. My anger was back in full blast as I punched the rock again. It turned to rubble as my fist went through it. I looked down at my hand expecting to see blood but see something else entirely.

My hand was black. But it wasn't my hand. It was a claw. A black scaled claw. It still resembled a hand but the nails turned to claws and the skin turned black. Scales were shifting across my skin glistening in the moonlight. I softly touch the scales on my arm reveling in the way that they felt. I held out my other hand which was still normal and slowly brought my clawed finger down to my wrist and scratched it lightly. The claw sliced through like butter. My wrist started to bleed a lot causing me to freak out. "Oh gods I didn't mean to do that!" I exclaimed. I grab some of the wrapping that I wrap around my fore arms and begin to wrap it around my wrist.

I sigh as the bleeding stops. I look to my hand to see that it returned to normal. I took the other wrap and tied it around my other wrist before standing up. I looked over to where Berk lay sleeping, not realizing the danger that was a short flight away. I slowly stretched my hair out forming wings just feeling the way they change from hair to wings. I twist my neck around just feeling my hair then feeling it change at my shoulders. My hair felt slightly attached to my shoulders which I moved around feeling the wings extended from them. I turn to see that my hair had in fact weaved into my skin and formed the wings. I felt something swishing around my legs and looked down to see a tail. I turn to see a small strand of hair going down my back and forming a tail at the base of my spine. I felt the hair weaved into the skin down there to.

I shifted the wings and tail around just feeling them. I pinched one of the wings and grimaced. "Ok so I can feel pain in my wings. How about my tail" I say as I pinch my tail causing me to wince again. "Yup my hair turns into wings and a tail which I totally feel" I say as I rub the spot I pinched. I sigh and look towards my village thinking about tomorrow. "I can't kill that dragon" I say to the wind. "So what should I do?" I slowly take off into the night air flying above the village. I looked down to see everyone was home and asleep besides the watch guards. I flew to the academy where it was silent. I landed and walked inside the arena looking around.

I walked up to all the doors and let all of the dragons out. The Gronkle and the Nadder both followed me curious as to what I was doing. "What are you doing girl?" The Nadder asks. "I am going to sleep with you guys tonight. Hopefully if the others see that I am safe laying with all you while I am asleep they will hopefully change their minds and I won't have to fight the monstrous nightmare" I tell the four dragons that were sitting behind me listening to me. I turn to the last door and walk up to it. "You do realize that he will attack you right?" The Nadder says. "No he won't just watch" I tell it and open the door.

There was silence as I waited for the dragon to come through the door. It finally burst through causing the door to swing open really hard. I jumped in front of it before it could crash into the wall waking up all of Berk. I walk out from behind the door to see the nightmare staring at me. I closed my eyes and looked away holding my hand out to it. It slowly put its snout into my hand purring slightly. I opened my eyes and smiled at the dragon.

"Come I want to show the other Vikings that you are brave, sweet and loving creatures that deserve a chance to not be killed or slaughtered" I tell the dragons who all follow me to the side of the arena. The Gronkle and Nadder lay down next to each other as the Zippleback curls around the Gronkle. The Nightmare curls around the Nadder and lets out a small puff of steam. I crawl into the middle of them and the little Terror follows me laying in my lap. I pet all of their heads and give them light kisses before cuddling up to the warm dragons. "Good night you guys" I tell the dragons as I slip off into a peaceful slumber.