Chapter 22

We flew back to the cove in a hurry. I used a little bit of strength to get the hook to let Hiccup go. I rounded it out and pulled Hiccups strap off. Hiccup takes off the belt and removes the saddle. I take it from him and store it with Amenyx's saddle in a hole in the side of the cove. We told the dragons good night.

We headed back to the village talking about what happened. I was laughing at how Hiccup was explaining his thoughts on the matter. "I don't plan on using the saddle all that much for Amenyx. I'll use it when I need to take supplies or items with me but other then that I'm just gonna go bare back" I tell Hiccup. "If that is what you and Amenyx decide then that's fine. But I have no choice with the saddle. I need it to help Toothless fly" He says solemnly.

"Hey I understand Hic" I say as I stretch my arms up and fold them behind my head. As we continued to walk we just talked about any other modifications that we might have to put on his saddle. "Hey can I come over and look at the schematics?" I ask as we get to the edge of the forest. "Sure" Hiccup says as we make our way to his house.

We arrived at his house and we walked in. I've been here so much now I know where everything is. This was like my second home. I walked to the kitchen and picked up a roll. I tossed it to Hiccup and grabbed another. We then headed up to his room. As we walked in Hiccup went to his desk looking for the schematics for Toothless's tail. I walked further into the room to his bed and flopped down on it.

I yawned then continued to nibble on the roll. Hiccup came over with the schematic and handed it to me as he sat on his bed. I moved over and he sat against the head board. After he was comfortable I moved my head to his lap and looked at the drawings. I made some calculations and corrected some of his math with a pencil.

After looking at all of the schematics I scooted closer to Hiccup and showed him my changes. He looked through them. He saw where I fixed his math and where I put little side notes. He complimented a few of my changes to the mechanics of the pedal. I even wrote that there should be an extra tail fin made in case the current one got burnt or destroyed in some way.

He continued to look at my changes. I put the pencil behind his ear and laid back in his lap. I yawned and looked at the ceiling. "Hey Hic?" I ask softly sleep was creeping up on me. "Ya Kit?" Hiccup says still focusing on the schematics. "You will always be my best friend right?" I ask so softly that I didn't think he heard me. "Ya Kitten" He says looking down at me in his lap with this look I couldn't place.

"I'll always be your best friend Kit. No matter what" He says. And that was the last thing I heard before I fell asleep. Hiccup looked down at the girl who had fallen asleep in his lap. He couldn't deny that she was beautiful. He swept some of her bangs away from her face. He ran his hand over her cheek and saw her smile into his hand. His thumb rubbed softly over her plump pink lips.

He couldn't deny that this girl was making his heart beat so much that Astrid couldn't even compare. Right now he knew he had a crush on this girl. But he still had a crush on Astrid as well. This boy did not know what to do. Maybe his dad might have some advice on the subject. He yawned and closed the book setting it down. He then grabbed the blanket and covered himself and the dragon girl.

As Hiccup shifted into a better sleeping position Kit shifted as well and snuggled up to his chest. Hiccup didn't know what to do. He was stiff for a little bit before relaxing and wrapping his arm around the girl. Kit wrapped her arms around Hiccup and nuzzled her face into his chest and continued to sleep soundly occasionally letting out a soft snore. As Hiccup held this girl he drifted into sleep dreaming about Kit and Astrid both liking him and wanting him.