Chapter 35

Toothless flew close to Amenyx as Astrid asks "Now what?" She looks at me with a questioning glance. "Kit your final exam is tomorrow. You know your gonna have to kill a ---" I looked around my eyes slitting. I looked around hearing a voice in my head. "Come to me. Feed me. I demand sustenance!!" The voice was really getting to me. I jumped off of Amenyx causing said dragon to crash into Toothless who was to close. Astrid fell off of Toothless screaming. Hiccup was trying to get Toothless who was flailing around under control. I realized that Astrid would die unless I get her now. I dove as fast as I could and grabbed the girl who was still screaming.

"Wrap your arms around my neck and hang on!" I yell at her. She does what I tell her and grips my neck tightly. I change my hair into wings and slow our decent and glide back over to the dragons until the voice whispers in my head again. My eyes turned to slits again and my focus was on the call of this voice. "Come to me with food. Feed me your sacrifices!!!" I dart past the two dragons with Astrid still clinging onto my neck tightly. I hear two groans which cause me to look back and see both dragons were following me with their eyes slitted as well.

"What is going on?!" I roar at the dragons who just look terrified. "T-t-the queen is calling all dragons to her to feed her" Amenyx grunts out looking around in fear. "Kit! What is going on?" Hiccup yells at me. Toothless, Amenyx and I started to fly side to side avoiding dragons. Dragons started to fly by us with sheep and fish and other food items. "Crap! I need you to climb on my back and hold on tight" I tell Astrid. I do a spin causing the girl to swing onto my back. I continue to fly with Toothless and Amenyx by my sides. We dodged rock fissures coming out of the water. "What's going on?" Astrid asks quietly. I flew over Hiccup and Toothless "Apparently it's a queen calling for food and sacrifices" I say softly to the both of them before going back between the two dragons.

"You got to get us out of here bud" Hiccup says to Toothless as we continue to fly to who knows where. "Hiccup there is no turning around right now. I mean I can't even pull away! This queen has some ability to control other dragons. And I'm not even a dragon Hiccup. She has a major pull on me so it's most likely a hundred times worse for Toothless and Amenyx" say to the boy as we continue to dodge dragons who looked terrified. We started to duck and dive really fast heading for what looked like a volcano. I stayed close to Toothless and Amenyx trying to ignore the creepy voice of this queen demanding us to feed her.

Astrids grip on me tightened as she let out a small whimper. I wanted to do the same but I had to stay strong after all I am the one who is caring an extra life besides mine. We went through a hole in the side of the volcano swiftly gliding through. We came into a huge cavern where I couldn't stop but to look around trying to find this 'queen'. I looked around and saw how uncomfortable Amenyx was. I turned to Hiccup looking really worried. "What my dad wouldn't give to find this" Hiccup says looking around scared. We circled around and landed on a fissure up high.

As we land Astrid lets go of me and stands next to me. Hiccup looks around and sees the dragons dropping the food down into the deep cavern. "Aw well it's satisfying to know that all of our food has been dumped down a hole" Hiccup says sarcastically. "They're not eating any of it" Astrid says holding my arm. I push her lightly towards Amenyx and hop on her back. I pull Astrid up behind me. As soon as Astrid was behind me we looked up to see a Gronkle flutter in and open its mouth letting out a lone fish to fall into the abyss. It started to scratch its ear when I heard a roar causing my hair to stand on end. Which in turn caused Astrid to be wrapped in my hair in wing form. She wasn't to happy.

The next thing we all knew this really... and I mean REALLY big dragon came out of the smoky cavern swallowing the Gronkle whole. We all gasped clearly terrified at what we just experienced. "What was that?" Astrid whispers behind me. All the dragons started to hide the best that they could. "That is the queen" I whispered hoarsely. The dragons head went down then came back up. It grunted a little bobbing in the smoke. "Alright you guys we need to get out of here" Hiccup says leaning really close to Toothless. The giant dragon started to sniff. "Now!" Hiccup says and the two dragons take off as the giant dragon launches towards where we were barely missing us. All the other dragons started to fly away as well causing the big dragon to climb up trying to eat some of us. It caught a poor dragon and dragged it down into the smoke eating it.