Chapter 31

I woke up the next morning looking up at my ceiling. How did I get into my bed? Dad probably brought me up to my bed last night. I rolled over onto my stomach and stretched my with my but in the air. Don't judge it feels really good. After my nice cat stretch I got up and went to my closet pulling my usual clothes out and slipping into them. I went to the mirror and brushed my hair out and fixed my feathers.

I did a twirl and spun a couple times then felt my hair extend out and bring me up into the air. I floated down softly and felt my hair fall back into place. I walked down stairs to see my siblings sleepily eating their breakfast. I snuck up behind them noticing that they didn't know that I came down stairs yet. As I got closer I saw Tuff trying to keep his face from falling forward while holding a mug of yack milk. Ruff was holding a roll in her mouth over her mug of yack milk.

I smiled evilly and jabbed my two fingers into their sides sharply. They both jumped causing them both to spill their yack milk on themselves. I stood there laughing like crazy at their surprised faces. "HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! You should have seen your faces!" I say while laughing. I walk behind the counter on the opposite side of them and grab a roll. "You should go change before we have to deal with the dragon in class today" I tell them while snickering.

"We wouldn't have to change if someone didn't scare the living daylights out of us" Ruff says as she trudges up the stairs to change. "Ya well she scared a little more out of me then that! I have to change my underwear now!" Tuff says pulling on his pants near his butt. "EW! Tuff we don't need to know that!" I yell up to him. When they disappeared up the stairs I grabbed a fish and ate it raw. I finished it before they came back down stairs. I grabbed another roll and ate it while heading out the door.

As we walked to the academy my brother and sister just complained about how I scared them and that I shouldn't scare them. I just rolled my eyes and continued to walk ahead of them. I heard them grunt and start to whisper behind me. I couldn't make out what they were saying so I just let them have their conversation. We were half way to the academy when the rest of the group showed up and we all walked together.

"Hey Astrid" I say and high five her. "Hey how have you been?" She asks while walking next to me. "Pretty good scared the hell out of my brother and sister this morning" I say smirking which gets me a laugh from the blonde girl. "Hey Fishlegs how is the dragon cards going?" I ask him. "Oh they are going pretty well. I have been able to memorize every card with all attack stats and defensive stats" He says getting a little excited. I chuckled at the giant boys giddiness. "Maybe we can play sometime" I tell him with a smile. His face started to glow with happiness.

"You know he is never going to shut up and leave you alone right?" An annoying voice says. I turn to see Snotlout. "Well Snotface it's not you problem so bug off you little pest" I say sneering at him. I turn back around and continued to walk to the academy. "OOOOOOO you just got burned really bad dude" Tuff says laughing at Snotlout. "You are going to need some major ice for that burn and even then I don't think that you are going to be able heal it" Everyone was laughing at the short boy. "Thanks for that Kit" Fishlegs said softly. "It's ok Fishlegs I just don't like the way he treats anybody" I tell him.

I see Hiccup and smile big. I run from the group to said boy calling his name. He turned around and smiled at me. I continued to run and jumped up wrapping my arms around his neck. He held me and spun us around a couple of times before setting me down. "Hiya Hic" I say with a big smile. "Hey little Kitten" He replies back with his goofy grin. "Hey! I said not to call me that!" I say pouting at the older boy. All I got was a chuckle as he tussled my hair. "I think your name is cute" He says with a soft smile. A small blush dusts my face.

"Whatever" I say pushing his hand away fixing my hair. I took a deep breath and turned to the rest of the group as they walked up to us. "You ready for another fun day of dragon school?" I say to the whole group putting as much enthusiasm into it as I could. I really hated this. I mean come on I am practically a dragon in a human girls body. It felt wrong hurting the dragons when I adore them. I got a couple ya's and a few cheers. I just give a giggle and walk into the arena where everything is set up.

Everyone goes and gets their shields and weapons ready to fight whatever dragon Gobber lets out. I walk to the middle and perch onto one of the hurdles. I watched everyone getting ready and also saw some Vikings around the rim watching us. Great an audience. I hop off the hurdle and walk up to Hiccup. I realize that he has a helmet on his head. "Nice helmet" I say flicking the rim from behind. He turns around while pushing it up over his eyes. "Ya my dad gave it to me last night. It's half of my moms breast plate" He says a little dejectedly.

I smile at the tall boy and help him put his shield on his arm. I looked up to see the vikings on the rim watching Hiccup and I. "Is it just me or are we literally the center of everyone's attention right now?" I ask looking down and adjusting the shield. "I think my dad is smirking" He says with a nervous chuckle. I blush remembering what happened with Hiccup. "You didn't te-" "OH gods no!" He says hurriedly. I sigh softly. "Lets just get this over with I want to go to our spot" I tell the boy as I walk away from him.

Just then Gobber comes up saying that it was time. Everyone got into positions all over the arena. I perched on top of the hurdle waiting for the dragon to come out. I could tell that I was getting looks from the Vikings up top. They were probably wondering why I wasn't armed like everyone else was. I just roll my shoulders and look at the door that has the Gronkle. Gobber opens the door and the lesson begins. It comes straight towards me. I pull my hands up ready to grab the dragon. As it got closer I jump up and grab its open jaw and use my hair as little as possible to fling us in a circle causing the dragon to get thrown against a wall.

"I am so sorry" I growl out in dragon tongue. I then walk away to where I see Hiccup. I hide behind a hurdle close to him and just breath. I listen to what is happening around me. "Stay out of my way I am winning this thing" I hear Astrid say. I peek out to see her push Hiccups shield down and run off. "Good please by all means" Hiccup says and stands up while adjusting his helmet. He turns and looks up to his father. He just gives a half hearted smile and turns back around. I hear Astrid moving around muttering to herself.

"Sorry Astrid" I mumble before I hop out and run towards the dragon. I hop up and wrap my arms around its neck area and slowly start to squeeze. "Go to sleep" I whisper into its ear. It complied and fell down sleeping. I unwrap my arms from its neck and sit up on top of the dragon. Astrid comes running out with a battle cry but stops seeing me sitting on top of the dragon. She starts to breath heavily and turns around clearly angry. *Sigh* I slid off the dragons back and looked around at all of the cheering.