Chapter 11

Lexa pov:

My head hurts and the stress has increased since last night. I haven't slept and the fact that the generals and chiefs are yelling at each other doesn't help. The meeting that would initially be to discuss the attack, has become a madhouse of screams of panic and war. It seems like a competition for who screams the loudest.

I maintain a bored and annoyed expression. The queen tries to keep order without success. The prince rarely participates in the discussion, while Skai Prisa plays with a dagger. She hasn't said a word since we walked in and she looks carefree, like the problem is nothing more than a stone in her shoe.

"We must enter the forest and kill them! We are better than them!" Shouts a deranged general.

A loud laugh stops all the screaming. Clarke laughs out loud, half choking. They all shoot her murderous glares, while her mother looks at her disapprovingly. Roan looks at her more skeptical than anything else. "Wait, wait. Sorry. It is that...." She says half drowned. Before finishing she bursts into laughter again. She tries to dry the tears that come out and grabs her belly in pain. She finally manages to calm down, but the smile does not leave her face.

"What's so funny, girl?" Question irritated to my right, Anya. I shoot her a look to shut her up.

"The funny thing is that you are desperate idiots." We look at her offended. "You are so focused on attacking, that you have forgotten the true information. "We still look at her without understanding and she growls in exasperation. "In each report that our spies brought, they described a group of no more than a hundred people. The lights in the forest gave away thousands. Which means they lied."

"And how did they do it?" Another general asks ironically.

"They just have to nail and light some sticks. And boom! They have a fake army there. As we could not see them, it was a piece of cake." She explained as if nothing. "What I do agree on is that we are more and we are better trained. With a good strategy, they will be out of our lands in the next few days." A silence is created in the room, while we digest her words.

"So, any ideas?" Asks the queen. Clarke raises her hand and her mother looks at her, not at all surprised. "Anyone else?" Clarke continues to struggle and stretch, trying to get her attention. The queen sighs. "Well, Clarke?"

"Yes, thanks for asking." She says half annoyed for ignoring her for a while. "Well, we could tell the people to spread the word that the resources have been exhausted. We fake panic and hide the people in the castle. We hide in houses and corners and when they enter we attack them. It will be fast and bloody. But we finished them all at once." She explained as if it were the easiest thing in the world. We fall into silence again as we analyze the plan, trying to find any flaws. I can't find any. "Unless someone has a better idea. Or we can starve, but that wouldn't be fun."

"Well, it will be done. In the afternoon we will meet to discuss it better. Now you're dismissed." I say and everyone starts to leave. Clarke and her brother run off, as if they have something in mind for after the meeting. "Your Majesty, I would like to speak with you in private." We wait for everyone to leave. "When is your daughter coming of age?"

The question unsettles her for a few moments. "In two months, why, Heda?"

"Your daughter is brilliant. One of the best strategists I have come across. Added to her young age. Also, the rumors that she is one of the best warriors seem true." She still looks at me confused by my interest in her. "I'll be direct, I want your daughter to accompany me to Polis. I want her to be my advisor."