Chapter 20 (Last)

Lexa pov:

With the approval of Clarke's family, it only remains to find the rings. Usually any precious object to the person is used in the proposal, but Clarke has told me what it was like in the Skaikru culture. Her parents had married using rings, and I would get some. The hard part was finding the right ones.

I head to the elevator, when Octavia and Raven jump on me. "Where are you going commander?" Raven asks curiously.

"To the market." I answer briefly.

"Without Clarke?" Asked Octavia puzzled.

"Yes, without Clarke."

"Sure? You're not cheating on her, are you?" Raven raises a threatening eyebrow.

My eyes widen and I repeatedly deny. "Of course not! I would never do that to her."

"You'd better," says Octavia. "And then what are you going to do?"

"Well ....." I don't know if I should tell them. Not because I don't trust them, but they tend to have easy mouths. I don't want them to ruin the surprise.

"Come on, tell us. We will be graves." Raven makes the sign to close her mouth with her hand.

"If I tell you I will have to dig you and bury you, I doubt you can keep a secret." The elevator arrives and I enter. Raven locks the door so I can't go down.

"Please let us go. We promise that if we tell the secret, you can bury us whenever you want." Octavia blackmails me.

I sigh knowing they won't leave me alone until I tell them. "Okay But you have to really keep the secret, it is of the utmost importance. Clarke must not know. Not until I tell her."

"We swear." They raise their left hands, bringing their right to their heart. I should make them make a blood oath, but I dismiss the idea.

"Okay, I'm going to the market to buy rings ...... for Clarke." I say half nervous.

"Rings? I didn't know Clarke would like them." Confusion adorns Raven's face.

Octavia hits her on the back of the neck. "No idiot. Engagement rings, she's going to propose to her."

Raven understands and they look at each other excited, to let out a high-pitched yell and celebrate. I glare at them, wishing I could go down and get this over with. When they calm down a bit, they start asking millions of questions and Raven complains about losing the bet to Roan. They speak so fast that I can barely understand what they are saying. The only thing I understand is that they want to accompany me.

"On one condition." They keep quiet and look at me attentively. "No screaming, no jumping, or anything that attracts attention. I'm supposed to be in the tower for a meeting. Clarke and no one should know."

They nod in excitement and we get on the elevator. This will be interesting.

-------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------

We go through various stalls in the market, without being satisfied with anything. My feet are starting to ache and I'm exhausted from analyzing so many rings. We have ended up dividing ourselves and thus cover more ground. I find myself staring at one in particular when Raven arrives agitated by my side. We wear fabrics covering our hair and face to avoid being recognized.

"Lexa! Lexa, I found it!" To hell with anonymity. She better be the right one or I'll murderer her.

She drags me by the arm and leads us a few shops further, until we stop. An elderly woman smiles at us and leaves us to look at the merchandise. Raven excitedly points to some rings. They are perfect. They are not gold like most, these are made of silver. Like Clarke likes it. One has an emerald green stone, and the other has a deep navy blue. Simply beautiful. It's what I was looking for.