Chapter 15

Clarke pov:

Our stay in Floukru was short, but magnificent. With each new clan I meet, the more it impresses me. Every culture, every landscape, every new food, is simply amazing. We have gone from the harsh winters of Azgeda, to the calm beach in Floukru, to the searing heat in Sankru. Seriously, how can they live like this?

In Trishanakru I was dazzled by its bright forests. Animals that glow in the dark and colorful plants that only inhabited my imagination. Well for a reason it's called the glowing forest. With each new discovery, my curiosity advances. I had never thought about how other clans would be. The travelers' stories were enough. But now, the idea of ​​continuing to travel, of continuing to discover and have new experiences pleases me.

I must really express my enthusiasm on a daily basis, as Lexa's ability to control her smile is less. Before it was a simple elevation of the corners of her lips, then a small smile. Now her face lights up every time she sees me enjoying something new. By this point, everyone in our caravan must have realized what is going on between us.

At first, we tried to be careful, but over time it stopped being important. My brother watches over us so that we don't do anything "wrong", while I am struck down by Anya twenty-four hours a day. She hates me and I hate her. Not to mention, her relationship with Mason is the worst.

After the scandal in Floukru, Lexa warned me that if I didn't control him, he should go back to Azgeda. Luckily, Mason decided to behave. Although he has committed minor crimes. He's smarter than he looks. Without any regrets, I leave him in charge of Anya everyday. Although it may not be the most prudent thing to do. I have no doubt that she will make him disappear the first chance she gets. Damn woman and her intolerance of animals.

After more than a month traveling, we are done. We head to Polis at last. I'm really curious to see how it has changed. According to Lexa, it has been enlarged since the last time I was there. I can't wait to get there and get lost in the markets. I did not have the opportunity to tour the city the last time I was. Now that it will be my new home, I will make the most of it.

We stop at night and set up the tents. I go hunting with Roan. We are lucky to hit a panther. We hadn't eaten one since we left Azgeda. I notice Lexa is more quiet and thoughtful than usual. When everyone leaves, I take a seat near her, but not invading her personal space.

"Hey, what's up?"

She lifts her gaze, noticing me for the first time. She must have been too deep in thought. "Nothing." She answers, but we both know it's a lie. I raise an eyebrow and she sighs. "Everyone knows.....we're together." Okay, I have no idea where she wants to go. "And I'm afraid the rumors have started to spread. I doubt that in Polis we can hide it better, it is not that I want to." Her voice is cautious, as if what she wants to tell me is going to hurt.

I gulp. "Are you....?" I stop because my throat is closing. I continue with even more fear in my voice. "Are you breaking up with me?"

She turns to me and opens her eyes wide. "No, no. Of course not." She shakes her head very hard so that I understand. I breathe out relieved. For a moment I feared the worst. "I'm just scared." I look at her questioningly. "What if they hurt you, Clarke?"

That mania of saying my name, even if it's not necessary. I smiled reassuringly. "I'm not going to tell you that they will not try, because I can't be sure." She makes a face, but doesn't interrupt. "But I can assure you that they won't succeed. Lexa, I am one of the best warriors. You yourself have chosen me to be your advisor for that. Whatever happens, I'll be fine." I clasp our hands and squeeze hers.

"Thank you, Clarke. I needed it." She gives me a sincere smile that I reciprocate. We get closer in a sweet kiss as the moment. It doesn't last as long as I would like, but it's comforting. "I don't want us to keep hiding it. We better say it, rather than they find it out."