Epilogue

Clarke pov:

Peace, that's how I feel right now. Warm under the furs, hugging Lexa, who dozes next to me. Yes, this is perfect. Pluf! Or it was. I wake up with a start followed by Lexa and we hear giggles. When my eyes get used to the light, I discover the reason for my back pain. The children laugh, even on us after they have jumped.

"Now you are going to see!" They let out a yell and I got up to chase them.

They run out of the room at full speed, Mason following closely behind. I can tolerate many things, but never be woken up so early on my free day. We turn a corner and I manage to catch little Madi. I bring her to me on the floor and start a tickling attack. She laughs and squirms under me. Jake and Olivia have left, leaving their little sister behind. What horrible siblings. Oh no, I would have done it with Roan. Mason barks at me and licks us, making my task difficult.

Lexa comes to my side and takes Madi in her arms, who is still laughing. She takes my hand and helps me up, our faces adorned by two big smiles. You woke us up too early, you little brats. Madi hugs Lexa's neck, as we walk towards the other two's rooms. Mason on guard by our side. Stealthily, I carefully open the door to Olivia's room. A giggle is heard and I press my lips, I got them.

I walk slowly, scanning the room, until a fuzzy shadow of blond hair gives Jake away. I turn and slowly walk behind the bed. Lexa and Madi wait at the door, silent so they don't discover us. Madi covers her mouth with her little hand to avoid giggling. Mason sits up, patient for them to come out of hiding.

"Got you!" The kids yell and I catch them in time.

Madi lets go of Lexa and runs to help me with her siblings. The children climb onto the bed, and I dove for them, followed by Mason. A war of tickling, slapping, laughing and barking breaks out. I break away for a breath and turn to Lexa, who watches with a smile leaning against the doorframe. We smile at each other, before being dragged back into the war that is raging beneath me.

"Time out, time out!" Jake exclaims, ending the battle.

We parted ways and tried to recover the lost air. Lexa comes over and takes me by the chin, joining us in a sweet kiss. "Yuck, that's gross!" Olivia says, disgusted.

"One day, you will not say the same." I answered her.

"No. I will never kiss anyone. Not a boy, not a girl." She tells me very determined.

"We'll see. Remember that promise, because I will make you fulfill it." Lexa threatens her.

"I do want to kiss a boy." Little Madi contributes.

"You better not bring anyone until you are thirty-five that I'll take him out with brooms." Lexa threatens the poor girl.

"Thirty-five ?!" I say, excited. "I thought we said at fifty."

A general laugh and Madi pouts at us. Lexa always says that doing that she looks like me. I open my arms and she throws herself at my chest, sheltered by my maternal warmth. I stroke her brown hair and kiss her forehead. It seems like yesterday when she was still in my belly, how quickly time passes.

"Mom!" And we left the happy bubble. "Who was born first ?!"

I roll my eyes at Olivia's question. "For fifteen hundred and thirty and how much who knows, it was you. Trust me I'll never forget how painful it was." I say irritably, my mind traveling to the horrible birth.

"You see, I'm the oldest!" She scolded Jake, yelling too much for my liking. And here we go, the usual discussion. Mature.

"Yes, but the first twin to be born is the second to form. Grandma said it. I am the oldest."