Chapter 19

Lexa pov:

Clarke's mother and the Skaikru girls have arrived a few minutes ago. A boy accompanies them and seems to be trying to convince one of them to stay. The argument gets louder and the other girl has to separate them. They talk for a few seconds and then turn to me. I frown when the arguing girl approaches.

"Commander, I'm sorry to do this now, but can you let my brother come?" She points to the boy she was arguing with previously.

"Okay. But have everything prepared quickly. We have lost a lot of time already."

"Thank you." She runs off, I suppose to tell him about my decision.

A hand rests on my shoulder and I tense up. I relax when I smell her and she gets a little closer and she joins our lips in a chaste kiss that de-stresses me. I want to leave now, the sooner we get to Polis the better. She cradles my cheek and smiles, catching me right away. Out of the corner of my eye I see how someone approaches and we part.

"Mmm, mom. She is Lexa, Lexa she is my mother. Although you have already met." She says, a little nervous.

I swallow hard. It was not enough with Zarah's eagle eye that I had to have another mother-in-law to watch over me. "It's a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Griffin." I extend my arm and tremble a little. Barely.

She smiles at me, it's so much like Clarke. But it is the only thing they physically have in common. While Clarke is big, blonde, and has blue eyes, she is small, short, and brunette, with dark eyes. "Nice to meet you, Lexa, but call me Abby. It is good to meet the woman who is with my daughter, although she has already introduced me to the commander." Wow, Clarke must have told her about how sometimes I tend to be two different people. Yes it is true that we presented ourselves, but it was in a different context. She takes my arm, in our traditional greeting.

"Clarke, what are you doing?" Roan interrupts, coming up behind Abby.

"Nothing. Roan, this is my mother. Mom, this is Roan, my brother." Clarke also introduces them.

"A pleasure, Mrs. Griffin." He extends his hand politely, greeting each other as before.

"The pleasure is mine, but call me Abby. I'm not that old." We laughed at her joke.

"Heda, the horses are ready." A guard comments, interrupting the conversation.

"Mochof, we're coming." He leans down and leaves.

We mount our respective horses and head to Polis. I can't wait to get there.

-------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------

It is late enough when the walls appear before us. The Skaikru girls haven't stopped talking the whole way and honestly, I can't wait for them to shut up. Clarke was less subtle and complained openly. Will all Skaikru be this loud? I hope not.

During the trip I turned around several times and watched as Abby and Zarah had a nice chat. Well Clarke is a very interesting topic to talk about. I have no doubt that they have enough anecdotes. Roan, Clarke, and I talked most of the trip. My girlfriend kept complaining about how long the trip was and how early she had to get up. Lazy.

When we enter the city, everyone is amazed, admiring the new visitors. The Skaikru girls and boy watch everything with excitement. Especially the tower. They screamed with happiness knowing that they would stay there. Well the girls, the boy kept quiet.

We dismount and I order the guards to show the rooms to the others. I'm too tired to do it myself. Clarke notices it and part of her tiredness also makes us say goodbye with a short "good night" and flee to our room. Clarke intended to go up the stairs, but was so tired that she resigned herself to using the elevator.