chapter 1

i awoke by a familiar face shaking my body muttering while doing so.

"y/n get up we have to go pick up kie and pope and head to the marsh" john b said continuing to shake me until i cracked open my puffy eyes.

"what time is it?" i groaned seeing as the sun hadn't risen yet through the dusty blinds in my room.

"5:37" he replied.

"what the hell are we doing getting kie and pope at the crack of dawn" i asked sitting up and rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"it's the day after a storm y/n!" a head of blonde hair poked out from behind my door frame.

"morning jj"

he gave a quick good morning back before john b spoke.

"exactly, it's the best time to go fishing after a big storm especially like Agetha" john b said.

a hurricane (hurricane Agetha) had hit the Outer Banks last night, causing most of the cut and figure 8 to lose power for the night. everyone on figure 8 was able to get power back thanks to their expensive generators while everyone else on the cut had to fend for themselves for a bit without ac.

"still don't understand why we have to go at 6 am but sure" i sneered wrapping my hair into a low bun before grabbing my sunglasses and a better shirt to change into than my sweaty sleeping top.

we headed towards the back door near the dock to head to the boat. john b sat in the drivers seat while i sat on the bow, jj sitting next to me while rummaging through his backpack and pulling out a metal container.

"a little wake n bake anyone?" jj smirked opening the container releasing a strong skunk-like smell.

"i got the lighter" i said holding up my lighter as jj passed a blunt my way.

i took hold of it in my fingers as i snapped my finger against the lighter igniting a spark to hit the end of the blunt.
i inhaled the smoke causing a burning sensation in my chest before exhaling letting the smoke fall behind me from the wind.

"this will wake me up" i said taking another hit and handing it to john b. he shook his head so i passed it to jj.

"thank u m'lady" he said in an old timey voice taking it from my hand.

we approached a bunch of docks and saw a familiar boy with a short afro and a hose in his hand.

john b made a walkie talkie noise with his voice and covered his mouth with one hand "emergency meeting *krssh* i repeat, emergency meeting".

"hey guys" pope gave a smile towards all of us.

his father, heyward, soon walked up behind pope giving a wave to all of us before picking up a wooden crate full of debris from the hurricane and bringing them back up the dock.

"i don't know if i can leave guys, my pops has me on lockdown with all this cleanup from the hurricane" pope explained fiddling with his fingers.

"oh cmon chief! heyward can force you to clean up later" jj said.

pope looked behind him to see his dad up on the land putting stuff away into a truck then looked back at the three of us on the boat.

"cmon, before he comes back" john b whispered.

jj and i motioned for pope to jump on the boat as pope looked back at his dad and then at us multiple times showing his indecisiveness towards the plan.

pope started to head towards the boat as i reached out my hand to him. he grabbed it and we started to drive off as we heard yelling behind us.

"pope where the hell are you going boy?! you better get your ass back here and come help me!" hayward yelled.

"i'll help tomorrow i swear dad" pope yelled back.

the rest of us laughed at pope and the way he is always the goody goody of the group.

we approached a wooden dock sitting in front of a beautiful house. a curly headed girl walked down the boardwalk and reached the end, holding her hand out as jj took it helping her on the boat.

"hey guys" kie said holding a cooler around her arm.

"what's in the cooler?" john b asked.

"oh just some juice boxes, carrot sticks, granola bars" she giggled.

"you have my kinda juice boxes kie?" jj winked at kiearra.

"indeed i do" she replied pulling out a brown bottle from the cooler and handing it to jj.

"anybody else?" kie asked.

john b and i held our hands out like children at kie as she handed us the beers.

****

as we got off the boat and walked onto the rusted dock leading to the chateau, jj grabbed some wood from the woodpile as kie and pope sat down on the logs in front of the campfire. john b went inside to grab lighter fluid and i went to the twinkie to grab the bong in the hidden seat behind the drivers.

as i popped my head out the twinkie i saw a short girl with blonde hair walking towards me with a big smile on her face.

"sarah!" i yelled running to hug her.

she wrapped her arms around me as we both squealed in unison. i walked her around to the back and we both sat down across from pope and kie as jj was lighting the fire. john b sat down next to sarah playing with her hair.

"i actually came by to ask if you guys wanted to head down to the boneyard for the party" sarah asked.

"holy shit the party" jj said putting his fingers to his temples.

"put the fire out we gotta go i can't believe we all forgot" jj added grabbing his bag and kies arm dragging her to the twinkie. the rest of us followed as we got into the car and drove down to the boneyard.

authors note :

lmao hey y'all i made this cuz i was bored and obx has ruined my tik tok fyp and now my wattpad library

hope u like it and lmk what u think ! ❤️