chapter 16

i cocked my head, seeing rafe stumbling with the same bottle of tequila in hand only this time it was empty.

i closed the door to the twinkie, trying to quickly walk away before rafe noticed.

"y/nnnn" rafe slurred.

shit.

i turned around and saw rafe with a big smile on his face.

"hi.. rafe" i said.

"oh cmonnn" he stumbled forward a bit. "you can't still be mad at me" he hiccuped.

"you are way too wasted to be having this conversation with me right now rafe" i said putting my hands on my hips.

"what do you mean? i'm stoneee colddd sober baby" he said glancing at the empty bottle of booze before putting it behind his back.

"give me the bottle i'll walk you home quick" i said walking towards him trying to grab the bottle from behind him. he switched the bottle from one hand to the other, dangling it over my head.

"rafe give me the bottle" i said reaching for it but his arm extended more.

he smirked looking down at me "you're cute when you're mad" he giggled.

"hey look it's a stripper on the beach" i said pointing his direction away from the bottle.

"where?" he said turning every which way making him dizzy and fall into the sand.

i took the empty bottle and shook it in front of his head making him pout.

"you're no fun" he said kicking sand up at me.

"and you're an asshole when you're drunk" i said shrugging my shoulders holding my hand out in front of him.

he scoffed, grabbing it as i lifted him up off the ground, wrapping his arm around my shoulder as his body leaned into mine.

"jesus rafe lay off the protein powder for once" i said struggling to hold him up.

"did you just call me fat?" he said putting his hand to his chest with a defensive look on his face.

"shut up and walk" i said dragging him down the sidewalk.

he would occasionally run away from me to go look at a frog crossing the road or a flickering street light.

he found another frog and ran towards it, picking it up and holding it in his hands.

"i'm naming him steve" he said.

"is he your new bestfriend?" i asked laughing at him.

"yes.." he said nuzzling his face up towards the frog.

normally when rafe is drunk, he's a douche that's either trying to fuck other girls or start a fight. i've never seen this side of drunk rafe.

"can i hold him?" i asked.

he turned away from me with the frog in hand.