chapter 7

i woke up to sarah still asleep. my stomach grumbled indicating i needed breakfast. now.

i walked downstairs to see rafe sitting at the island across from the pantry eating cereal.

i walked into the pantry and looked for cereal, grabbing a box of trix off the shelf and placing it on the counter.

"morning" i heard rafes raspy voice say.

"good morning" i replied walking to the fridge to grab the milk.

when i grabbed a bowl from the cabinet rafe spoke.

"thank you for last night" he muttered looking down at his cereal.

"you remember last night?" i asked pouring the cereal in the bowl followed by the milk.

"yeah some of it... why? did i say something stupid?" he asked concerned.

"oh nothing..." i said "other than asking if i'd like to imagine us doing it" i added quietly hoping he didn't hear me.

but unfortunately. he did.

"what?" he said wide eyed.

"it was nothing rafe" i said.

"what you just said didn't sound like "nothing"" he said.

"it was nothing rafe you were just too high" i reassured him.

"well i'm sorry for that... you know i wouldn't mean that right?" he said.

i was a little hurt by the comment.. is that a subtle way of saying i'm not attractive or something?

"yeah..." i muttered putting everything away, grabbing a spoon from the drawer and slamming it.

"y/n what's wrong?" rafe asked.

i didn't even give him a glance, i just stomped upstairs.

"y/n what the hell!" i heard him yell as i was walking upstairs.

i stormed into sarah's room seeing her awake watching tv.

"morning love" she said.

"morning sare" i said sitting down next to her eating my cereal.

"i heard yelling is everything okay?" sarah asked.

"oh yeah i was just in an argument with rafe because i took the last of the trix" i lied.

"makes sense" she said fixating her attention back to the tv.

****

later that day the pogues asked to go out to lunch at the wreck, a restaurant on the cut that kies parents owned.

sarah and i got ready and headed downstairs seeing rafe watching tv.

he cocked his head towards us looking me up and down before turning back to the screen.

"where are you guys going?" he asked.

"none of your business" sarah sneered opening the front door.

"bitch" rafe muttered.