chapter 22

I closed the bathroom door opening my phone, dialing jj's number. I hesitated to hit the call button.

I hit it raising the phone to my ear. it rang three times before jj picked up.

"y/n?" jj said on the other line.

"hi, j.." I said.

"I'm sorry I was such a douche wagon," jj said.

I went silent.

"you still there y/n?" he asked.

"yeah.." I muttered back "I'm sorry too" I added.

"you don't have to be sorry, I lashed out at you and you didn't deserve that," he said.

"it's okay jj really" I reassured him.

"just shut up y/n and let me take responsibility for once" he laughed a bit.

I smiled to myself, laughing as well.

"okay go ahead," I said.

"I'm sorry I was a douche about.. whatever is going on, but you understand that rafe is not only a kook but the kook king right?" he said.

"yes jj I am aware.. but you don't know him as I do," I said.

"what? is he giving you flowers and bubble baths cus I'd enjoy that instead of a punch to the throat," he said in a more serious tone.

"why don't we all hang out together today.. with rafe" I suggested.

"dear god" jj said, I could picture his eyes rolling right now.

"cmonnn it'll be fun and you guys can get to know him and maybe shit won't hit the fan" I laughed to lighten the mood.

"okay okay.. fine. but he better keep him and his over-gelled hair out of my personal space" he seethed.

"tell the others and I'll be at the chateau at four," I said.

"okay see you then," jj said hanging up the phone.

I walked back outside rafes bathroom to see him sitting on the edge of the bed with his arms folded. his eyes darted towards me as I walked towards the bed.

"so?" rafe asked.

"he apologized.. and then I told him I would bring you to come hang out with the pogues today at the chateau," I said.

his mouth parted a bit, looking at me in shock.

"cmon it'll be fun I promise.." I said grabbing his hands.

"okay.." he groaned falling back on his bed.

I crawled on top of him and put my nose against his.

"would you be happier if I made you breakfast?" I grinned.

the corners of rafes mouth formed a smile as he slowly nodded his head.

I tapped his shoulder "tag, you're it". I threw open his bedroom door running down the stairs hearing his footsteps chasing after me.

I got to the kitchen and opened the pantry door, trying to close it but rafe grabbed the door with both hands and pried it from my grasp.

"gotcha," rafe said picking me up by the legs and throwing me over his shoulder, running out of the pantry and around the living room a few times.

"rafe put me down you bitch!" I yelled while laughing, hitting his back with my fists.

"ow!" he yelled every time I hit him. he put me down and rubbed his back.