chapter 27

"even if it takes all night!" rafe added.

I continued reading my book, ignoring rafes consistent whining from the other side of the door.

about an hour had passed when the whining and groaning stopped and I heard footsteps leave the door.

I sat up and put my book down.

guess he got bored

a few minutes later I heard rafes car start-up and a pair of headlights flashed through my blinds.

guess I really pissed him off.

I rolled my eyes and went back to reading, getting lost in the pages.

15 minutes had passed before I heard a soft knocking on my door.

"I told you to go away rafe" I yelled, getting off my bed and throwing open the door.

I saw kie standing in the doorway with a confused look on her face.

"woah pump the hate brakes" she put her hands up in defense.

"sorry" I moved to the side so she could come in.

she sat on my bed and looked at the pictures of us and our friends on the wall behind the headboard.

"so what's up?" I asked sitting down next to her.

"that's what I was going to ask you, you've been locked up in here for a bit the rest of us are outside," she said.

"rafe pissed me off so i'm retaliating" I shrugged.

"ooo what did he do?" she asked curiously.

"I gave him blue balls so he tripped me with his club during mini-golf today" I scoffed.

"valid, are you gonna come join us?" she said

"maybe, I might just stay in here with my book" I shrugged again.

"suit yourself" she kissed my forehead "I love you" she smiled.

I smiled back and watched her leave the room.

a pair of headlights shined through my blinds like earlier indicating rafe was back.

I rolled my eyes and continued to read, expecting a few knocks on the door.

as just as suspected, the knocks came.

I got off the bed and walked to the door, turning the handle slowly and opening the door with just a crack.

rafe stood there with a stuffed bear that seemed to be holding a blunt, a few roses, and what looked like two unicorn onesies. a big smile spread across his face.

"a bit cliche don't you think?" I retorted.

his big smile dropped into a look of annoyance and defeat.

I grinned and opened the door more so he could come in.

"alright, casanova what did you get in place of an apology" I crossed my arms.

"for your information, I apologized to you when you shut me out earlier" he pointed his finger at me.

"I got a little bear, his name is Mr. Stuffings and you better take good care of him," rafe said in a serious tone.

"and he's even holding a little blunt too" he smiled playing with the arm of the bear "which was rolled my yours truly" he added confidently.

"some roses because roses are romantic," he said.

"and last but certainly not least," he said pulling out the onesies

"matching unicorn onesies" he held up the multicolored pajamas in excitement "do you love them or do you love them," he said.

I shrugged my shoulders "I love them".

he clapped his hands together and threw me my onesie.

after putting them on I grabbed the roses and left my room to grab a vase with water from the kitchen.

the boys were in the kitchen making snacks when I entered.

they all looked in my direction in unison.

"what the ever living hell are you wearing," john b asked with his eyebrow raised.

"rafe got us matching onesies" I gave them a spin.

"barf" jj muttered sipping on his beer.

"you guys are just jealous" I scoffed and grabbed a vase, filling it with water and walking back to my room.

I opened the door seeing rafe posing in my mirror in the onsie.

I giggled to myself as I set the vase on my window sill, feeling the soft petals in between my fingers.

"you don't need to buy my forgiveness you know" I turned to him and laughed.

he cocked his head giving me a "really" expression.

"what?" I asked.

"you locked me out of your room AND I apologized so I didn't know what else to do" he retorted.

"touché" I rolled my eyes and laid on my bed, reaching for the remote on my nightstand and turning the tv on.

"what do you wanna watch?" I asked as rafe flopped on my lap.

I ran my fingers through his hair flipping through the channels.

"vampire diaries?" rafe said looking up at me.

I cocked my head "really?".

"I used to watch it with sarah all the time" he shrugged.

"i'll grab the popcorn"

authors note :

i'm so sorry guys i've been literally so bad at posting lately school sucks.