chapter 28

I came back from the kitchen with the popcorn bowl in my arms, rafe was sitting on my bed already watching katherine pierce on the screen.

I scoffed and sat on the bed.

rafe raised his eyebrow "you can stare at damon but when I stare at katherine it's a problem" he said.

"how do you know I stare at damon?" I crossed my arms.

"because I stare at damon y/n" he chuckled.

we continued watching the screen and binging the popcorn for about an hour before my door swung open and hit my wall with a bang.

pope and john b were standing in the doorframe heavily panting.

"what?" I asked.

"we need... to go... now," pope said in between breaths.

I sat up with my brows furrowed looking at pope then at john b and then back at pope.

"what's going on pope," I said with a serious tone.

"i'll explain in the twinkie but both of you get dressed and grab your bag y/n" john b turned his back and ran out of the room, pope followed.

I got up and stripped out of my onesie, putting on a pair of black sweats and a grey sweatshirt.

rafe found his clothes from earlier and threw them on.

I grabbed my bag off my desk along with a pocketknife just in case and walked out the door.

rafe and I ran to the twinkie, sarah and kie holding the doors.

we all climbed in and sped off down the road, the chateau moving further and further out of view.

"you wanna tell me what the hell is happening now?!" I said before my face dropped into a look of concern. my eyes searched around the van for the familiar head of blonde hair, but he wasn't there.

"wheres jj.." I said looking at pope.

pope sighed "jj got into some.. trouble".

"are we talking saving life trouble or going to prison trouble" I retorted.

"basically.. jj tried to rip off barry, and barry wasn't alone" kie exclaimed.

"guys" rafe muttered over all of us panicked.

"GUYS!" rafe shouted, all of us cocked our heads in his direction.

"i've met barry's 'friends', we can't waltz in there with no weapons expecting him to hand over jj," rafe said.

"and where the hell do you expect us to get a gun from rafe," kie said throwing her arms up in confusion.

"dad has a few guns in that safe in his office" sarah said to rafe.

"you're right, rose and him should be out tonight" rafe replied.

"date night," sarah and rafe said in unison.

***

john b sped into the driveway of the giant mansion and slammed on the breaks.

everyone stepped out and we ran inside, sarah typing in a few numbers on a small keypad attached to the door.

sarah opened the door and led us upstairs to the office.

wheezy stepped out of her room, crossing her arms and looking down the hall.

"what are you guys doing?" she asked curiously.

"spy work" I whispered to her, giving her a wink.

she gave me a side smile and winked back, walking back into her room.

we entered the office, old maps and paintings displayed on the walls with papers and sticky notes cluttering the desk.

rafe walked to the big painting behind the desk and pulled it open, revealing a small metal safe.

"I don't know the code" rafe said looking back at everyone.

"I do, it's my birthday," sarah said stepping towards the safe.

rafe stepped back and rolled his eyes "what else would it be" he scoffed.

sarah punched the numbers in, the safe cracked open softly.

inside were two semi-automatic handguns with bullets and a few stacks of cash.

"didn't know your dad was the head of the mafia.." kie muttered.

I grabbed one of the guns, pointing it towards a painting and pretending to shoot.

"what are you doing?" rafe whisper shouted, grabbing the gun from my hand "don't mess with this thing you could get hurt," he said.

"this is a springfield armory enhanced micro pistol gun, made in 2006 and it uses 9x19mm parabellum cartridges," I said, taking the gun from his grasp.

he just stared in amazement as I continued to point the gun towards different objects.

"her dad was a gunsmith before he died" john b nudged rafe, rafe nodding his head.

john b had taken the other gun and shut the safe.

we all exited the house, running to the car. sarah and I barely closed the doors before speeding off down the road.

"what's the game plan here," I asked.

"walk in there, keep the guns hidden until we need to use them, give him the money jj didn't give him then barry will hand jj back and we'll be on our way," pope said.

"not a very solid plan.." sarah shook her head.

my hands grew sweaty as I clutched the gun in my hand tightly. the area around us grew darker and thick with trees. the concrete road turned to a bumpy dirt path.

I loaded the gun and cocked it back, sliding it in my pants behind my back.

a broken-down shack appeared from the darkness and grew closer and closer as we drove down the path. my leg was bouncing up and down from nervousness.

john b reached the front of the house and put the car in park slowly and hesitantly.

"ready?" john b turned around looking at all of us.

we all shook our heads.

rafe put his hand on my thigh, giving me a sympathetic yet concerned look.

I put my hand on his and gave him a side smile before opening the doors of the van.

what am I getting myself into...

authors note :
u guys r literally so supportive of this story and of me not having the time to write it honestly warms my heart, i'm so thankful for all of you and hope to produce more chapters. in the meantime I have another story published called "deviant" it's another rafe cameron story that I think u guys would like !! hope u guys had a lovely christmas ❤️
- q