9. Run into you

It was 9o clock in the morning and Wei ying was deep in sleep. It was a day when they had no classes. A day which they get once in every month, a day which Wei ying loved. Someone called out his name, which he did not bother. A few more times, he knew it was his buddy Nie huaisang. But he loved his sleep more. He whined and continued to sleep turning to his other side.

"So bad, I thought I could enlighten you with some new books," Nie said with a smirk.

Wei ying's lips curved up in an instant "I am up" he rubbed his eyes with his palm, opened it and scanned Nie huaisang for the books.

"Such a shameless pervert" Jiang cheng rolled his eyes at his brother.

Wei ying's eyes were focusing on Nie huaisang, who does not seem to carry any book, probing for an answer.

"We are getting the collections straight from the book store, now let's start without wasting much time" Huaisang said, fanning proudly.

Wei ying was more than willing to go. For he knows that his buddy Nie huaisang was best at discovering exclusives, especially in these kinds of things.

"So you are not joining us, noble Jiang cheng?" Wei ying now asked his brother, raising his eyebrows and smiling.

"I've some other things to attend to" Jiang cheng said, trying to hide his blushing face.

"Good to know that my advice worked well, I shall bring you the best book for reference," Wei ying said with a wink.

"Advice my ass"

"So you did not say no to the reference book. Noted" Wei ying said in a teasing tone before closing the bathing area.

"Forgot to say, please do not blush, you look stupid" Wei ying voiced out from inside.

The grumpy Jiang cheng walked out of the room waving bye to huaisang, like he did not hear what wei ying said.

Lan zhan and Lan yi visited Lan yi's parents who wanted to see their daughter and son in law. Though Lan zhan was still uncomfortable with the son in law treatment, he loved her mother who always pampered him and gave him warmth while he lost his own mother. Being early birds, they arrived there early in the morning and Lan yi's mom suggested that they both spend time in caiyi town market wishing they could spend more time together.

Lan yi was looking around the shops while Lan zhan walked a few steps behind observing the activities of town. He heard a voice which he missed since the start of the day. He looked in the direction of the voice and found his shameless guy and Nie huaisang exploring the town.

Wei ying and Nie huaisang were walking through the market, holding a few books and the emperor's smile. Lan zhan, who was not so close to them, could not help but think why the person who hated the classes so much was carrying books on their holiday.

In the side of his view,he felt someone walking parallel to Wei ying in a safer distance. He saw two young men who looked like noble cultivators, one's eyes completely following Wei ying. When Wei ying laughed, that person laughed. When Wei ying was describing things throwing his hands in the air, that person seemed curious. Lan zhan tightened his hold in Bichen. Due to the busy crowd, Wei ying stumbled upon someone while walking, that guy who followed Wei ying, held his hand out to hold Wei ying's arms. Wei ying steadied himself holding the other person and bowed as a gesture. The unknown guy smiled and patted Wei ying's head which Lan zhan thought was not necessary.

"Wei ying" Lan zhan called him as he could no longer see the other guy getting close to him.

"Lan zhan" Wei ying replied as he turned.

'Everytime i try to run away from you, I end up running into you' Wei ying thought.

Before starting a conversation Wei ying's eyes looked around Lan zhan knowing Lan yi would probably be somewhere near him. As expected, Lan yi was there in a shop, busy choosing things to buy.

In the meantime Lan zhan was looking at the person who eyed Wei ying, sending him death glares. But that person did not seem to be affected by it, he in turn smiled and said "My dear Wei ying" looking in the direction of Lan zhan.

Surprised, Wei ying, Lan zhan and Nie huaisang looked at the new guy.

"You!!?" both Wei ying and Lan zhan answered in unison.

"I am Xiao xingchen" as he heard the name, Wei ying took the guy in a bone crushing hug, not expecting this sudden hug, Xingchen looked a bit surprised but in a second he smiled widely and he returned it.

"What took you so long?" Wei ying asked, still hugging the other.

"Sorry, I am here now."

Lan zhan who was still in confusion heard the person who came with this Xiao xingchen say, "Do not panic young man, I am song lan and he is Xiao xingchen, uncles of Wei wuxian"

"How did you know it is me" Wei ying asked.

"How can I not identify your face which has the beauty and charms of my shijie. And your chen qing confirmed that I am right about you"

Lan zhan bowed to him and he was still not settled with the fact that they were still hugging.

The books in Wei ying's hold slipped and fell on the ground. Wei ying broke the hug immediately and collected the books with a blush, and scratched his nape.

"Shameless" Lan zhan muttered and his ears turned pink as he took glances of few pages as it fell down.

"This is not what I think it is right??!" Xingchen asked Wei ying hiding a smile, knowing exactly what the answer would be.

"Uncle, do you want one?"

"Extremely shameless" Lan zhan answered.

Xingchen and song lan laughed while huaisang was slowly pulling the books from Wei ying's hold, thinking not to lose the collections.

"And you are?" Xingchen asked Lan zhan.

"Wangji, here you are, I thought I lost you in the crowd"

"Lan Wangji from Gusu" Lan zhan replied and gave a nod to Lan yi.

Wei ying sighed. Looking at Wei ying's expression, Xingchen turned his gaze to Lan yi. "And this is?"

"f-fi.. "Lan yi, his fiancee" Lan yi completed what Lan zhan felt hard to say.