42. Showtime

Lan zhan was put into a cell of complete darkness, his hands bound by deity binding ropes. When the guards pulled him from the spot where he saw his Wei ying together with the Hui sect leader, Wei ying smiled at him showing hope, probably thinking of their soul bond to communicate, which did not work at the moment. He saw Wei ying's face going from being hopeful to shocked. 

The deity binding ropes had power to suppress one's physical power that could be showcased, not the internal ones. 

'Am I not a good husband?' Lan zhan pondered. 

'Is that why we don't share the core bond anymore?' The thought rattled in his heart. 

'Where were you when he needed you?' He questioned himself. 

He hoped that his brother along with the sect people would find them soon. And he was so sure that he cannot live an extra second without his husband. 

In the meanwhile, Hui zheng had told the guards to keep an eye on Wei ying until the time for the soul sacrificing ritual, which would be held at midnight, to be able to control the yin metal completely. 

Lan yi was left loose and she asked the men to guide her to the place where her mother was being held. On reaching the cell, not stopping there, she searched madly for Lan zhan in the nearby cells. 

"Wangji!!!" She called out, going to each and every corner. Since she did not carry her soul weapons, she had no means to light the area to have a look on who was inside. 

Going through several stairs finally she found Lan zhan's room. 

"Get lost" 

"He won't harm you. He had promised me. We will be safe." She assured. 

"You disgust me." He replied coldly.

If it was not for her, his Wei ying wouldn't be there suffering at the edge of life. 

Wei ying rebuked his childish core which did not identify his Lan zhan. He felt he must be strong for them and find a way soon to destroy the plans of the evil man. But till then he did not know why out of everyone he was being kidnapped and why they needed only him. 

After several hours of racking his brain, Wei ying suddenly remembered the incident when he played chenqing inside the shielded jingshi and the consequence which Lan zhan explained to him later. If chenqing was able to control waves of fierce corpses, and if he was not wrong, any form of music from him would probably have atleast an ounce of reaction on his surroundings. 

Hence he whistled in a carefree way not arousing suspicions. He felt vibrations of energy but it was very minute. 

Hui zheng did not expect the small chest he had been protecting all these days to vibrate violently at his hand. He opened the chest to check what was happening and it shined in crimson red almost blinding his eyes. His loyal old minister and the other elders gasped understanding what was happening while he hissed and almost grabbed the metal, before it flew away at the speed of light.  

Wei ying was still whistling, not wanting to lose hope when a red light came towards him and landed gently like a feather on his palm. 

'Did that evil guy send you to torture me?' He blinked looking at the smooth shining metal.

The metal light dimmed. 

'Or is this going to help me?' 

The metal shone brighter. 

He understood. The metal was conversing with him. 

"How?" He voiced out his question surprisingly. 

And the metal embedded itself into his core. 

Wei ying felt the pain and agony of millions of souls in a split second making him scream, before it gave him an immense strength. 

Hui zheng was two minutes behind the yin metal when he reached his room. He saw Wei ying free from the binds and checking his core by pressing on the spot. Instantly he became invisible to run for his life through the back entrance. When he crossed the main hall, he saw the room without any soul and guessed his ministers had already made a run. He teleported without wasting any minute. 

"Freeze." Wei ying commanded to make sure no one escapes. 

The fear stricken ministers who were running out of the main entrance like chickens, already went pale looking at the huge mass of armed soldiers waiting for them, when their bodies froze. 

Wei ying tickled one of the guards to check whether it worked, and remembering his way to the prison he took long strides to find his beloved. 

Lan yi made it easy for Wei ying to identify the prison cell, as she was waiting just outside the room throughout the time.

Wei ying summoned his chenqing and suibian with his new power and broke the gate that divided his Lan zhan from him with his sword. He unfreezed his husband and the couple smooched causing eye irritation to someone, not minding about the certain person at all. 

Only if she could run away from the spot, Lan yi would have already. Unfortunately she was still frozen.

When the couple finally exited the site, Wei ying snapped his fingers that released his sect of people from the frozen state. The soldiers surrounded the building and entered cautiously, not willing to let a single soul escape. 

Everyone hugged Wei ying due to happiness, and no one bothered why the younger jade was coughing like he was suffering from a chronic illness, only to let him have a sullen face. 

The building became visible when Wei ying froze the surroundings, and the search lasted for two hours to get their hands on everything inside. 

At last the only thing they found missing was Hui zheng. 

That night at jingshi, Lan zhan made love with his Xianxian until dawn. That is, he let his love speak his mind out of the things that happened to him after their wedding day until later that day, enjoying Wei ying's tiny expressions that he was very much fond of, and experiencing the things he felt when he unfolded the events. He realised how much his presence mattered in his life for him to go on. Having Wei ying's back against his chest like cradling a baby and listening to his chattering felt precious. 

At some point he understood that everything he did with his baby was a form of love making.