46. What is what?

The Wangxian couple was taken to the healer's chambers to give a thorough check up on both. The healer made them lie down on beds next to each other and Wei ying's growing distress cannot be hidden. The head healer unheld the arms of the couple so as to get a correct diagnosis and a screen was put to divide them. Wei ying felt his Lan zhan's gaze on him even though there was a screen in between. 

Despite Wei ying's request to check his Lan zhan first, he was the first one to be checked. It didn't take even a few seconds for the healer to raise his eyebrows and sweat profusely. 

Once done with checking both, the healer came out with the couple and everyone outside looked at him for the results. 

"Pardon my lack of ability and knowledge. Though I couldn't find anything specific, I can say that Hanguangjun is the one being poisoned from their body vitality. Young master Wei's power is second to none and it is impossible for any poison to affect him. However, I see a strong spiritual imbalance in Hanguangjun's core. As for the cure, poison should be found and I am afraid I can't be of much help in determining the antidote as this is the first time that I am unable to detect a poison from a person's vitals." 

Everybody's expression sank. After all, the head healer had decades of practice and was considered the best of the healers in all the known sects. 

Meanwhile at jingshi, when it was time for Lan yi's housekeeping, Xichen's paperman was kept in guard inside the room on the roof and Jiang cheng guarded the physical body in hanshi. That way, they could catch every move of Lan yi. 

Initially they tried searching for suspicious things, however jingshi's interior was kept minimal and they could barely see any objects that could be used for anything. 

Immediately after Lan yi left, Xichen and Jiang cheng ran towards jingshi in large strides. Xichen gathered everything Lan yi brought and together with Jiang cheng, they carried it to the healer's chambers. That included clothes, flower vase, incense sticks and the meal.

Qiren joined the healer and it took several hours for them to finally find the poison. It was the incense sticks. Lan yi had no problem getting in contact with them regularly because it wasn't poisonous unless it was burnt. Lan zhan understood why he felt the pain only when he was together with his beloved. Because, since they successfully brought Wei ying back to cloud recesses, he hadn't allowed anyone else inside jingshi. And the sandalwood fragrance was a part of him since childhood and he hadn't got a chance to doubt it anywhere. Lan zhan's face turned even colder to the point that everyone feared that Lan yi was going to hell straight away. 

She had made them suffer for an entire year. 

"Antidote?" Someone raised a question. 

The healer's head hung low. 

There was a quick whoosh and nobody noticed anyone moving except Lan zhan. 

"Wei ying" He followed and qiren sent Xichen and Jiang cheng along. 

Lan yi was lifted up to several meters in the air by the black smoke of Wei ying, when Lan zhan and the other two arrived. 

"Tell me the antidote before I send you to hell." Wei ying's voice was no better than a growl. 

"Wh-whatt I don't get you. Drop me down" 

Lan yi continued her act. 

Wei ying laughed like a maniac and at that moment the smoke penetrated Lan yi's all senses, and she heard howls of million resentful souls. She was close to violent qi deviation however Wei ying stopped the smoke when she was on the edge of death's door. 

The complete body of Lan yi was pale and her nerves were painted black. She looked like a living ghost. 

"I don't know. Only he….knows" 

Lan yi's voice was extremely hoarse and tears continued seeping out. 

The smoke dispersed and Lan yi was dropped on the floor instantly. 

She was in her maid's room when this happened. And to her bad luck, she was actually picking the dried incense sticks from the mat. 

Lan zhan and the brothers were standing at the entrance when Wei ying came out, locked the door, and sealed it with talismans. 

His lips curled up when he intertwined his fingers to Lan zhan's and motioned the other two to follow.

"What if she is lying?" Jiang cheng was angry. 

"She wouldn't dare after almost visiting hell." Was Lan zhan's reply. 

"Then why are you leaving her just like that?" 

 "Not disturbing her when she is enjoying her fragrance therapy." 

"For real?? You did that??" Jiang cheng was content letting her taste her own medicine. 

"It's suffocating. Let me out. Ahhhhhh" A distant voice was heard when they walked towards the prison. Apparently, Wei ying had burnt all the available incense sticks inside the room when sealing. 

As soon as Wei ying reached the particular cell, his demeanor changed completely to a different person. His eyes had fire and Madam Lan started screaming for help. 

Jiang cheng tugged at Lan zhan's clothes and looked at him in a questioning gaze not understanding what was happening. He didn't dare to disturb Wei ying at the moment. 

"Trust him" Lan zhan replied in a calm tone. 

Even Lan zhan was not sure why they were inside the prison cell when Hui zheng was not there. However he trusted his xianxian and his capabilities. 

"I have waited a looooonnng year waiting to use the yin metal. The time has come." Wei ying let out his thoughts looking at Madam Lan. Though Madam Lan had very poor knowledge of the yin metal she knew that it was something very powerful. 

She ran closer to Lan zhan in an attempt to beg him but that was out of reach as Wei ying's black waves poured out like they turned uncontrollable. Madam Lan withdrew her steps and crawled to the corner of the room. The black smoke carried her to the front of Wei ying and he pressed his index finger in between her eyebrows. 

Madam Lan struggled like a fish out of water when Wei ying with his eyes closed, commanded 

"Return this instant!" 

The movement on Hui zheng's body, which had Madam Lan's soul, stopped and a confused face appeared as Wei ying withdrew his finger. 

Slowly the confusion turned into shock and then to fear. 

"Welcome back Hui zheng" Wei ying fake smiled. Wei ying felt that it was his bad luck that he didn't practice his skills earlier.