23. My Everything

Wei ying was sitting in his room waiting for his brother Jiang cheng to whom he must inform about his moving to jingshi.

"Oh you found the way back to our room!" said Jiang cheng with a blank expression as he entered the room.

'I am in trouble.' Wei ying knew that he would be bitten to death by his brother if he dared to mention moving now. But he had already promised Lan zhan.

"My lovely brother Jiang cheng" Wei ying batted his eyelids in a pleasing way looking at his brother.

Jiang cheng, though he wanted to choke his brother, froze his thoughts as he saw a packed bag near Wei ying's bed. He did not think where Wei ying would be going, but all he wanted at the moment was to stop his brother from doing it.

"You are not going anywhere!" That was not a request.

"Actually I promised Lan zhan that I would stay with him."

"I said,you are not going anywhere." Jiang cheng emphasized.

"Won't you take my love life into consideration? Mm? I promise I will be safe"

"Mn" jiang cheng answered after a few seconds, backfacing Wei ying.

'How can I stop him? I failed to protect him. He is safer with that cold stone.'

Jiang cheng broke his trance when he found himself being back hugged by Wei ying.

Though Jiang cheng acted like he struggled to break it, he missed his brother so he stood there with a grumpy face.

The next day in the classroom, Lan zhan was constantly worried looking at Wei ying who still looked dull and last night when Lan zhan returned from night watch, Wei ying was already asleep. To add to his worries, Lan qiren had asked Wei ying to wait for him after classes. Wei ying was not surprised as his encounters with Lan qiren were a regular occurrence for him.

As classes ended, Lan yi stayed back which increased the tension of Lan zhan. Lan yi fiddled with her fingers as she did not expect Qiren to keep the discussion in the classroom. She met Qiren earlier before the start of the classes, to avoid others seeing her, especially Lan zhan to avoid any suspicions. But now Lan zhan had already seen her, though he was going to leave the classroom as the meeting was meant to be only with Wei ying.

"Wangji, stay."

Lan yi shivered.

Lan zhan was glad that he could be with Wei ying.

"As the chief disciple, you have the right to know. And Lan yi, you may proceed."

Lan yi glanced at Lan zhan who had no eyes for her. He was completely focused on Wei ying.

'It is now or never.' Lan yi motivated herself before opening up.

"Wei wuxian practises resentful energy."

"I see" Lan qiren was calm as he stroked his beard.

"Could you explain what makes you think that?"

Lan yi explained how and when she saw Wei ying in the backside mountain and avoided looking at Lan zhan.

"So it is not within the cloud recesses. And did you see him hurting anyone?" Lan Qiren inquired.

"No"

"And why are you informing this now when you came to know about it a month back?"

Lan yi looked down and did not answer.

"Uncle, Wei ying.." Lan zhan tried to intervene.

"Wangji, I am aware of this. Lan yi, if nothing else, go and meet the elder disciple to get disciplinary action for your behaviour."

Lan yi left the room, her head hanging low.

Wei ying who had an impassive expression all this while, couldn't believe what he heard from the old man. For the first time in history, Lan qiren chose to punish someone over him.

"As you know, during the Jiang sect leader's visit last week, he told me about Wei wuxian's core. I was going to discuss it with you and Xichen tonight, but things unfolded this way. I want you to help him control his core and report to me the progress."

Lan qiren handed Lan zhan a few old scrolls to have a look at later.

Wei ying inwardly thanked his uncle. He remembered his conversation with his uncle when he told him that he was worried that he might end up hurting others with resentful energy. While Madam Yu finds every way to hurt him, his uncle and his siblings fill in each and every possible way to save him and show him love. This was the reason why Wei ying could never bring himself to hate Madam Yu. The love which he got from his family was more than the hatred he received.

"Mn" Lan zhan answered.

Wei ying would have jumped into Lan zhan's arms due to happiness if not for Lan qiren's fake coughs. Both made their way to Jingshi and Lan zhan left saying he will be back after meeting his brother.

Two minutes after Lan zhan left, Wei ying heard a knock and he opened the door somewhat confused. And he literally fell on the floor laughing like a maniac as he saw the visitor.

It was Lan yi.

"Pfffthahahahahaha"

Her face turned even more pale, looking at Wei ying, that too inside jingshi where even she has not set foot after all these years.

She wanted to please Lan zhan keeping her innocent facade, but did not expect the troublemaker there.

"What are you doing here?" She raised a question, gaining her composure.

"It's my room." Wei ying said, protruding his tongue.

She chuckled, not believing his words.

"Where is Wangji?"

"Why do you care?"

"He is my fiancé."

"That was in the past."

"Oh, so who are you to him?" Lan yi tried her luck as Lan zhan was not present there.

Wei ying fell silent. He knew that he and Lan zhan were in love but they had not announced it officially. He cannot make choices without discussing with his Lan zhan.

"My everything."

A voice resonated putting a stop to Lan yi.

Lan yi felt dumbstruck would be an understatement.

"Lan zhaaannnn." Wei ying cooed with delight.