29. Soulmates

Lan yi's home

"A'yi never told me that you have a friend other than her" Lan yi's mother smiled, serving tea to Lan zhan. They were seated in a room such that Lan yi and Lan zhan had seats next to each other and Wei ying and Lan yi's mother had seats opposite to them. It has been their designated seats since their childhood, that was what Lan yi's mother told Wei ying when he was about to sit next to Lan zhan. 

"Not a fr-" 

"It's been a long time since you visited us, son" Lan yi's mother cut off Lan zhan's answer successfully. 

Lan zhan just nodded. 

Wei ying's eyes were looking around the room when he happened to see two pictures hanging on the wall. 

"Ahh that one. A'yi and Wangji drew each other. Looks cute together, doesn't it?" 

"Lan zhan is cute" Wei ying replied winking at his Lan zhan. Lan zhan smiled, surprising everyone.

Lan yi, the air, stood up and left the room. 

"Don't you wish to see the bunnies? They must have missed you as much as we did" 

Lan yi's mother said trying to play cupid. 

"Mn"

Lan zhan got up and extended his arms towards Wei ying. 

"Let your friend accompany me here" 

Lan zhan left his tittering Wei ying half heartedly. Wei ying had seen this coming, and he was ready for it. 

"It must have been so bad to live as an orphan that you are trying so hard to hook up with my son" Madam Lan did not hold back when she was sure Lan zhan had left the space. 

"Hahahaha. I really am an angel to expect decent words from you Madam Lan." Wei ying grinned from ear to ear, pulling his chenqing from his waistband, playing with it. 

"The audacity you have..You?!!!" Madam Lan looked shocked. 

"Madam Lan?"

"How do you have this with you?" 

"Chenqing? Do you happen to know my mama?" 

"So you truly are a son of a bitch!" 

Wei ying continued to smile but it looked dangerous. Wei ying himself was able to realise it with the look of panic stricken Madam Lan. But what he did notice was the resentful energy that filled the room. 

"M-monster!!!!!" 

"Haha" the voice echoed. 

Madam Lan took her wand and before Wei ying's resentful energy could gulp her, a lightning power of blue charged inside the room dividing the armed Madam Lan from Wei ying. Hanguangjun made himself the shield for his love. 

Lan zhan's pov

I was happy to visit my mother with my Wei ying. But once I entered the home I had to reconsider whether I made the right decision to bring my love here. There were things of Lan yi and me decorating the entire home which are new. They have never been showcased before. Not that Wei ying would get hurt, but the intentions of inviting us seemed unclear now. And I would not let anyone hurt my Wei ying so I was not concerned about that. 

Wei ying sat opposite to me and I wanted to hold him in my arms, not leaving any space between us, but mother did not let him. I hope she understands Wei ying soon.

About the portrait of me and Lan yi which we drew years back, I observed my Wei ying, and he seemed to be enjoying this drama. He also winked as a final move that broke the ice within me. I smiled. He made me smile. 

Mother sent me away and I could not take my Wei ying with me. I stood away from the room to respect her words, but did not go to the bunnies since my bunny is still inside. 

Lan yi came to me and I had no time to waste on her. Not after how she behaved to my Wei ying. 

Not even a few minutes had passed,
I felt a knot in my core energy, and it was the first time. It felt like a calling. To my core. Core?? Wei ying?? 

Before I could process the events, I launched myself to the room, to my Wei ying. Moth-Madam Lan had her wand against my Wei ying. 

"Wangji move, he is a monster" 

"He is my soulmate" I answer. I made a mistake once by shielding Lan yi against my Wei ying which i regret with all my heart, and would never do that whether Wei ying is in right or wrong. He is my right, whatever he is against, is wrong. 

"Madam Lan, put away your wand" I advise. 

"It's true, you are a cutsleeve?!" 

"I am, for him." 

"Son?" 

I did not respond. Instead I turned to face Wei ying who had eyes widened. 

"Let's do it" I say. 

"Mn?" 

"Dual cultivation, Let's do it" 

Wei ying opened his mouth to say something, but that looked like inviting me.

If people need evidence to understand clearly that I belong to him, I am willing to show it as many times as possible. I am proud that my heart is devoted to him.  

I pulled him closer by holding his waist,  connecting our lips and letting our souls play the music. 

Third person pov

When Lan zhan and Wei ying opened their eyes, they had a pleasant surprise awaiting them. The resentful energy now had blue sparkles. Madam Lan was seen at the corner of the room, her wand broken into pieces next to her and Lan yi assisting her mother to get up. 

From her state both Lan zhan and Wei ying understood what might have happened while they were kissing. Their shield had no mercy for people who tried to hurt them. 

Lan zhan carried Wei ying cradling him in his arms, and Wei ying had immense joy in his eyes. 

"I shall meet the sect Leader and take necessary action against that monster" The old lady vented out her anger through words, wiping the blood stains in her mouth. 

"Madam Lan, we will take our leave" Lan zhan stopped, bowed to her one last time and left without a glance. 

Madam Lan who expected an apology from the younger jade had her mouth wide open.