47. Black and Blue

The face which once had a condescending attitude was not there anymore. The Hui zheng now, was a mere human with no spiritual or dark powers. His entire body trembled uncontrollably at the sight of Wei ying. 

"How is this fun when you are powerless?!"  Wei ying was disappointed. 

"Powerless only when inside a spiritual place. Let me out and then fight." Hui zheng had a minimal hope of wanting freedom with this excuse. 

That was also the reason why they had to lure Wei ying out from cloud recesses, everytime they tried to harm him. 

"First things first. Tell me the antidote for the poison." Wei ying would not forget the reason. 

Wei ying snapped his fingers, and Hui zheng bounced forcefully between the ceiling and the floor several times, breaking his countless bones before Wei ying snapped his fingers twice again. 

"That was to save my ears from listening to the 'I-dont-know-what-poison' crap that you were about to say. 

"Hahaha" Instead of answering, Hui zheng laughed, letting blood escape from his mouth. 

"Would you beli-eve me 'cough' if I say there is no antidote?" 'cough' 

The four felt their stomach churning, creating knots, as they heard it. 

However, to not let the enemy know their vulnerable state, they stood unaffected and Wei ying continued to inquire. 

"No antidote? No problem, as long as we have found the poison and prevented future consumption." 

"Death awaits in the end but a little later, in that case." Hui zheng answered after a series of heavy laughter again. 

Wei ying was about to snap his fingers again when Xichen stopped him concernedly. 

"Uncle wouldn't like it if you kill people without the elders approval."  Even at the crucial times, Xichen had to abide by the rules, though he really hated it now. 

Lan zhan hugged Wei ying from behind to calm down his husband. 

After a moment of thinking, Wei ying too thought to himself that he cannot let a monster die when it was feeling proud of accomplishing its mission. 

He would deal with it after he saves his Lan zhan and with the good news he would meet the monster and send it personally to hell. 

"You know what to do with him A'cheng" Wei ying told Jiang cheng. 

"Fragrance therapy it is." Jiang cheng dragged Hui zheng to seal him inside the next room to Lan yi with extra incense sticks to entertain him. 

At the discussion hall, after Xichen narrated the things that happened, Qiren closed his eyes not daring to look at his dear nephew. He cannot bear to see him like this. 

"Send requests to all the efficient healers of the other sects, inviting them. Wangji, be here tomorrow morning." 

With that said, the couple returned to Jingshi and fortunately Lan zhan did not feel any pain like he used to at night. However he refused to make love with Wei ying, instead he put the other to sleep, hugging. He was afraid of sharing the poisonous content, though the healer had already told them that nothing could affect Wei ying. 

Starting the next morning, Qiren meditated with Lan zhan several hours in a day to strengthen the spiritual core, in an attempt to delay the spread of poison. They had two months of time ahead, and the healers of other sects arrived in the following days, trying their abilities on Lan zhan. 

On the other hand, Wei ying too practiced, but in the deep woods away from his family, and would return, before his husband returned to jingshi everyday. 

After a month, almost all the known healers returned without achieving the desired results and the Lan sect started losing hope, not including Lan zhan's uncle and dear brother. 

Lan zhan was tired due to his routine, and requested a day off from the training in order to spend a complete day with his dear one. All he needed at the moment was love. He had better mind control unlike in the past year, but that did not change anything in his health. 

As planned, the couple wandered in the mountains, went to caiyi town, and were on their way to yunshen before dusk. Just when they were about to enter cloud recesses, they saw a similar silhouette just escaping the spiritual barrier and soldiers chasing behind. It was none other than Hui zheng. 

About how he escaped the sealed  room, no one had a clue. Wei ying smirked like waiting for prey. Hui zheng had no time to use his powers to shift his soul or become invisible as the guards did not give him any break. Yet he stopped abruptly when he neared the couple. In a fraction of seconds, he said aloud a spell and pointed his index finger towards Wei ying. He knew that he could not harm Wei ying, and his powers cannot be matched to the other in his deep mind, however his mind was not clear enough at the moment to choose a person at the given situation. 

Same goes for Lan zhan, who ultimately knew that nothing could harm his Wei ying, however he went before Wei ying as a shield, as a reflex. He had heard about the so-called 'soul shattering spell'. He could not think about the possibilities of danger when it involved his beloved. 

"Lan zhannnnn!!!!!" Wei ying roared and a single tear flowed out. 

The time froze and Wei ying had Lan zhan in his arms. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

They heard a loud scream that broke their eye contact. 

That was Hui zheng, whose soul got shattered into a million pieces by Wei ying's dark energy. 

And the couple had a shimmering black shield protecting them with light blue sparkles. Their soul bond had become active after an entire year of being dormant, when Lan zhan once again used him as a shield to protect his Wei ying.