32. Family

"Our sect is going to be trouble-free. But it's a mystery how Lan wangji agreed to marry this brat." 

Madam Yu felt relieved to send the trouble maker to yunshen. 

"I am happy that my son is in safe hands. He is completely innocent but can be mischievous at times. Please take good care of him." 

When Jiang Fengmian described, the scenes of last night and the term innocence clashed in Xichen's head. 

The duo had a private conversation in which it was agreed that a banquet would be held for the couple in yunmeng after the wedding, of course after the honeymoon period. 

After Xichen took his leave from lotus pier, Madam Yu convinced Fengmian that they should go to cloud recesses as soon as possible. Though Fengmian was puzzled by her actions, he did not mind it, since he would be able to see his children a few days earlier. Usually the ceremony for families would be held on the day before the marriage so the families would gather on the particular day. The couple got busy preparing the wedding gifts and the list of people to be invited from their sect, giving directions to sect elders to finish the arrangements in a day. 

In the morning, carriages were ready carrying the gifts and the Jiang couple travelled on horses. 

Fengmian had given secret orders to prepare for the banquet before starting. 

At cloud recesses

A commotion was seen near the disciples chambers and the crowd did not make any noise as they listened to the woman who created the scene. 

"Believe me, he is a monster. I witnessed it with my own eyes. Sect leader is handing our sect in the hands of evil.."

As Madam Lan continued her oration, Wei ying who was resting in his bed came out along with his buddy Nie huaisang.

Thanks to Lan yi's information, Madam Lan chose the right time to create chaos in cloud recesses. Lan zhan and Xichen were in Lan qiren's hall discussing the wedding plans and dark energy with sect elders, Jiang cheng and Yanli were out to receive their parents in Caiyi town, Wei ying was left alone to rest in his room.

"You Wei wuxian, Speak of evil.." Madam Lan raised her voice when she saw Wei ying walking towards the crowd. 

"Who has this audacity to speak ill of my family?" 

A bold dominant voice made everyone turn their heads towards the source. 

A woman in purple robes, purple lightning showing her arrival, made her way like a walking storm. 

Jiang cheng and Yanli rushed to Wei ying's side shielding him like he was a baby while Jiang Fengmian felt proud standing next to Madam Yu. 

Madam Lan, who did not expect any deviation in the plan, her face darkened initially but showed happiness when she recognised her old friend. 

"A'yu, it's me. How bad it must have been for you to raise that bitch's son. I totally understand your pain."

"You really have the nerve to talk about my family, don't you?" 

"Ahh.. The Jiang sect is using this monster to extend its powers" 

"Who is there.. clean this trash out of cloud recesses" Madam Yu smirked. 

"Madam Lan, you have committed an offence by insulting my brother in law and his family. By sect rule, you are to never step inside cloud recesses for the next 10  years"  Xichen, who was notified by Nie huaisang about the trouble, put an end gladly. 

Guards took the shouting madam Lan out of the area and Lan yi followed. Finally when the crowd dispersed, Lan zhan was comforting Wei ying not knowing why his love looked so emotional. 

Jiang cheng and Yanli smiled in satisfaction and Jiang fengmian understood why his wife wanted to visit cloud recesses early. She had a hunch that people might try to bully the trouble maker, though that was like inviting trouble to themselves, she still wanted to be there for her family. 

"Don't you have a mouth to speak up?"  Madam Yu's tone sounded strict when she questioned Wei ying. 

"Aunt-.." Wei ying was yet to come out of the shock and words did not help him. 

"Mother, you were so good. That was so intriguing." Jiang cheng was so happy that this moment finally came. 

"But what was she saying about evil?" Jiang cheng was curious. 

Everyone except Jiang cheng, yanli and Nie huaisang looked at each other and Wei ying decided that it was time to open up. 

"Not evil" Lan zhan voiced out before Wei ying could self deteriorate by thinking himself as evil for having dark energy. 

"Let's have our dinner together" Fengmian invited the jades and Wei ying's buddy huaisang so that the revelation could happen after a meal.

After the meal and the discussion, Jiang cheng stuck to Wei ying like a super glue but refused to talk. 

"Ehem" Lan zhan ran out of patience as he waited for Jiang cheng to give space to the couple before they went to their respective rooms. 

"I am his brother. I have all the rights" Jiang cheng answered irritably. 

Neither Lan zhan nor Jiang cheng was ready to let this go. 

"I.have.all.the.rights" Jiang cheng reiterated. 

"Mine" Lan zhan looked proud. 

"I have known him for a decade, we grew up together, we shared a room in yunmeng, we have gone out for fishing, have hunted down water ghouls, have shared the lotus pods we stole, we have a secret hideout for us, I am his supporting character whenever he plays the hero in front of maidens and I still have many more things to list down. How about you?" 

"I am his soulmate" 

While the two were arguing like kids, Wei ying knew that this wouldn't stop if he remained silent. 

"My angry bird brother" Wei ying pulled Jiang cheng for a tight hug and patted his shoulders. 

"Idiot" Jiang cheng mumbled with a smile. 

Wei ying then broke the hug and gave a peck on Lan zhan's lips for which Lan zhan caged Wei ying in his embrace and deepened the kiss ignoring the flustered Jiang cheng.