21. Xianxian

It was 3 am when Lan zhan was finally able to drift to sleep. Baby Xianxian was so active during sleep that he rolled to all sides of bed, sometimes putting his arms and legs over Lan zhan, sometimes even over his face. Lan zhan wondered how Wei ying was able to sleep so soundly, running a marathon in bed. But he did not do anything to prevent Wei ying from rolling, however at a certain point, Wei ying himself snuggled closer to Lan zhan's chest and cocooned himself, stationing his body to rest, like he had found his favorite place.

Despite the less sleeping time he had, Lan zhan woke up at 5am and waited for any signs of waking up from Wei ying, which did not happen. He did his daily routine, cleaned Wei ying's face, but stopped there not removing Wei ying's inner robes. He copied sect rules sitting on the other side of the room watching Wei ying from time to time. When just an hour was left before their classes, Lan zhan decided to get breakfast for them. The moment he opened the door, he saw an almost frozen Jiang cheng, sleeping while standing leaning on a pillar.

Jiang cheng did go to his room at night but he needed an assurance that his brother was alright, so he got up ready early in the morning and waited outside Jingshi, even when he knew very well that his dear brother would not wake up until it's time for class. The sound of the door alerted Jiang cheng making him scan the surroundings as soon as he opened his eyes.

He paused his gaze on Lan zhan, for which Lan zhan moved his body aside, paving way for Jiang cheng to look at Wei ying.

"I will meet that idiot in class. Wake him up, If not he will not budge an inch. Here." Jiang cheng said, after peeking his head inside the room, handing a pair of clothes to Lan zhan.

"Mn"

Like that Jiang cheng went back to his room while Lan zhan went towards the kitchen to get food.

"Wei ying"

Lan zhan called while sitting in the corner of the bed, hoping the other would wake up.

When he did not see any movement, he moved closer to Wei ying and whispered his name in his ear, this time Wei ying smiled in his sleep. Lan zhan did not want to wake up Wei ying when he looked so adorable while sleeping, but they cannot be late for class.

"Wei ying let's eat."

And that worked. Wei ying sat up, stretching his body, and rubbing his eyes.

"Lan zhaaan."

Wei ying purred like a cat and hugged his Lan zhan, before looking for food. Lan zhan carried Wei ying to the bath saying he should freshen up before they have their breakfast. Once Wei ying came out in his fresh clothes, Lan zhan made him sit in front of the table and opened the lid that covered the food tray.

Lan zhan waited for Wei ying to begin eating, however Wei ying looked like he lost his appetite as he saw the food. He looked at it like it betrayed him. Though the yunmeng siblings were given the same food in their room, they had their spicy chilli sauce which saved their taste buds. Lan zhan who did not know Wei ying's likes, with his stern looks managed to make Wei ying have a taste of the food, but he stopped right away as he saw Wei ying's expression like he was being tormented.

'Jiang cheng, you meanieee'

Wei ying was cursing his brother for not bringing the sauce when he had time to bring the clothes. Meanwhile in Jiang cheng's room, jiang cheng and yanli were having food, when Jiang cheng sneezed out of the blue.

'This is for making us worried last night you punk.'

Jiang cheng grinned looking at the spicy sauce container that was set on the dining table.

Lan zhan was not happy to leave Wei ying on an empty stomach, hence he gave him an apple to fill him for the time being. The couple set off to their classes, and reached it right when it was about to start. Wei ying pouted when he realised that they will be sitting away from each other, after being together since last night. But he did not turn to Lan zhan's side, remembering Lan zhan's advice to him to stay away from Lan yi. Lan zhan on the other hand was not doing great either. He missed his baby starting the second he stepped into the classroom. Yesterday they maintained a distance in class, but today was different.

'I will protect my Wei ying.'

Lan zhan took a vow in his heart. Now he wanted to be next to his Wei ying. Lan zhan being the best disciple was the first one on the row, so he had Lan yi's seat on one side and the other side it was the passage. He cannot make Lan yi move since he knew she would never agree. Instead, Lan zhan's gaze moved to Wei ying's side looking for the suitable seat, and the search ended on Nie huaisang's place.

Nie, who was hiding his face behind the fan to dodge any questions from Lan qiren, felt a cold gaze. He noticed Lan zhan but he did not understand why Hanguangjun was looking at him. Lan qiren gave a break to the class, and Lan zhan was quick to collect his books from his study table and go to Nie huaisang. Nie huaisang understood the meaning of hanguangjun's approach, wanted to pretend that he did not understand why the other was standing next to him, but could not withstand the normal cold look of Lan zhan which he usually had. All this while Wei ying was sleeping with his eyes wide open, that would make anyone believe that he was very attentive to the lecture, so he did not see how the love of his life was threatening his poor friend.

Nie huaisang on his new seat was on the verge of crying. Who would want to sit on the first seat of the best disciple, where he cannot even hide his face for a second from Lan qiren. Lan yi's face had lost it's colors, jiang cheng was laughing at Nie huaisang, yanli was happy looking at Lan zhan's efforts to be with her brother and Lan zhan felt warm reducing the distance he had from his Baby xianxian.