27. Hidden Agenda

The Next few days passed uneventfully. Lan qiren was not able to find any facts about yin metal. Xichen, who volunteered to help his uncle by visiting the elders he knew, was not really happy either. The only thing they could assume was that the picture they wanted to see was bigger than they could imagine. The infamous yin metal having no records left like it was wantedly erased from the world can be understandable, but it's existence in an unknown hands now linked to a bubbly boy who had no idea about yin metal until recently, sounded scary. 

When his uncle and brother were looking for yin metal, Wei ying's Lan zhan did what he was becoming best at. Studying his Wei ying. Soon it was their holiday for the month, and the couple as usual decided to wander.

Somewhere on the road to Caiyi town

"How can I be sure?" 

"Do not tell me that you are gonna miss this opportunity to eliminate your love rival" 

"What if you fail?"

"You may remain in the dark like nothing happened." 

Next day in Caiyi town

"Just one more.. pleaseeee Lan zhan" 

"Mn". Lan zhan could not ignore the pleas of the attractive young man looking at him with adorable eyes. Can he? Just like that he watched his Wei ying gulp down his tenth jar of emperor's smile. 

The more he drank the cuter wei ying looked with his doe eyes and flushed cheeks. Lan zhan had already seen Wei ying's two fingers creeping towards the next jar in the table which was kept in the corner, when Wei ying covered his eyes with his free hand thinking Lan zhan should not see him taking the new jar. Lan zhan finally found that Wei ying too had a limit in alcohol intake. 

"Wei ying" Lan zhan was stern this time. 

"Heeee" Wei ying gave his signature smile. 

Wei ying did not allow Lan zhan to mount bichen when Lan zhan decided to start from there, saying they should admire the night sky a little longer. As the traces of town became distant, Lan zhan carried Wei ying in bridal style, holding him close to his chest feeling protective. In a few minutes he saw Wei ying's eyelids fighting to stay open, and he was glad that they could mount bichen to leave the place immediately. 

In the next moment he realised that his intuitions were not wrong when he felt that they were not alone.

"Does my Xianxian like piggyback rides?"

Lan zhan whispered enough for Wei ying to hear. Wei ying rushed, opened his eyes and nodded his head vigorously. Wei ying hopped down and Lan zhan positioned himself to carry Wei ying on his back. Wei ying dozed off as soon as he settled.

"Come out"  Lan zhan ordered when he was sure that Wei ying was sleeping. 

A bunch of men in dark robes with masks, peeled themselves out of the darkness surrounding the space. 

In a split second, Lan zhan retrieved his guqin, and Wangji's powers gleamed as they travelled in all directions like lightning. 

'How dare they try to take my Wei ying away from me' 

The men with masks fell back and did not take much time to gain their energy to attack again. For Lan zhan it felt similar to the fierce corpses though the power was not comparable to them. 

"Shh sleep" Lan zhan whispered tilting to his side, when he felt Wei ying's movement. 

Lan zhan would've been late if not for his quick reflex to notice the man who approached the sleeping Wei ying from behind. He unsheathed his bichen and slashed the hands which had dagger. But that did not end there. Fierce corpses made their way like they had been waiting for their chance. Lan zhan could not ask for support by sending signal, as he cannot disclose these incidents related to Wei ying to anyone other than his uncle and brother. All he can do to save his precious who was still not sober, was to skillfully move from this place, back to cloud recesses. The men were still on the ground breathing their last breaths but he knew he needed much time to distract the fierce corpses. 

The fierce corpses advanced and Lan zhan was ready in his stance, but the unexpected happened giving goosebumps to Lan zhan himself. 

The shield appeared in glimmering black and Lan zhan had tears welled up on edges of his eyes for he felt that Wei ying's core has finally accepted him as one. He knew it was just a probability as he was the one literally holding Wei ying now, but he wanted to believe that the core was protecting him as well. And witnessing the shield in person felt wonderful. 

The fierce corpses stumbled and stood iced as they touched the shield. Lan zhan used the opportunity and mounted his bichen and the shield disappeared into thin air as they crossed the danger zone. 

Once he entered jingshi, Lan zhan let out a sigh of relief after placing Wei ying safely on bed.

After few hours

It was around midnight when Wei ying stirred in sleep. His hands traced the bed searching for his man, and he heard the sound of door opening. He opened his eyes slowly as Lan zhan entered. 

"Lan zhan" he called as he could see that it was already past Lan zhan's sleeping hours. 

"Ahh.. it's exhausting" he made a painful expression as he tried to stretch his body. 

"Rest" Lan zhan replied as he discarded his outer robes before filling his side on bed. 

The tiredness took over Wei ying's senses and he fell asleep again. Lan zhan's fingers traced along Wei ying's chest to abdomen slowly and he could not contain the feeling of happiness as he remembered the shield protecting them.

Right after Lan zhan and Wei ying escaped

Lan yi had a veil on her face when the old man approached her. 

"You never informed that hanguangjun would be coming with him" the old man yelled. 

"So you failed?" Lan yi sneered. 

"Anyhow our deal is over now, do not come to me again" she added. 

"Hahaha, I never told you that I am a man of words. Did I?" 

Lan yi looked irritated. 

"You are not declining to help us until we succeed in getting him. You do have a family if I am not wrong. And do you want me to tell you where your house is and who your parents are?" 

"Why can't you go in if you need him desperately?" 

"We wouldn't be seeking you if we could enter, and you need not know the reason. Just remember that your parents's life are at stake!"

'Arghhh..Wei wuxian!!!!' Lan yi mentally screamed. 

A/N
Hi guys...
Thanks for taking your time to read this story. Please share your thoughts on this story so far, as I am not sure how it is coming along.
Stay safe. #Wangxian forever