nineteen.

" 𝐖hat's ya' problem?" Illyan asked as he closed his bedroom door behind him

" 𝐖hat's ya' problem?" Illyan asked as he closed his bedroom door behind him. They been done dining about ten minutes ago, and waited until Peezy went home and Shiesty to his room to talk.

" What you mean? I don't got no problem. I'm perfectly fine" she looked at him funny.

" See you doin' that shit again" he pointed out. What Soleil didn't know, was that Illyan spent a lot of time studying her, and could easily tell if she was lying because of that special look on her face.

" Doing what Illyan?" she questioned sighing. She was already tired and Illyan trying to be detective didn't help.

" Keepin' shit ta' yaself'," he spoke up. " You always keep shit ta' yaself' an' blow up on me when you tired. So wassup witchu' mama?" he asked holding her by her waist so she won't try to shut down the conversation.

" I'm just tired Illyan, and please do not tell me that I need a break cause I'm very much aware of that" she spoke right before he could open his mouth.

" If you aware of that, then why you ain' doin' it mhm? Why you ain' listenin' ta' ya' body Soleil. Youn' think that I see how exhausted you look erryday? You think that I like watchin' you basically work yaself' ta' death? Youn' see how ya' body gets weaker and weaker everyday? Cmon mama, you needa' work wit' me fa' this one" he reasoned. " Why do you even work this much in the first place? Money ain' a damn problem cause we got money" he rubbed her back.

Soleil sighed and rested her head on his chest. " Just like you, I got accustomed to working this much over the years. You know when you don't have many friends like me, and that the only persons you talk to are your parents you need to busy yourself somehow. And the only way I could busy myself was work" she explained, playing with her nails.

" I get that mama, but you have me now. Just like you said, you ain' alone no mo'. I'll never leave you an' you know that, you ain' gotta be alone no mo'," he softly said. He wanted to make sure she understood that he'll never leave her. Just like her, he wouldn't leave and could never.

" You promise?" she softly asked, extending her pinky.

" I promise princess" he intertwined their pinky's together.

" Please...don't break that promise like you did last time" she weakly whispered.

Hearing those words come out her mouth broke Illyan's heart. He couldn't stand to see that he put her in a position where she'd have to question him or his loyalty.

" I won't, you have my word" he kissed her forehead. " I won't I promise" he softly repeated.

" Please don't leave me papa. Don't leave me" she sniffed, holding onto him tighter. Soleil didn't know what it was, but the thought of someone else leaving her made her panic.