Honor

Karma stood at the edge of his father's old office, staring out onto the city. The hustle and bustle of the street below seemed so far away.

He sighed, turning away from the window when he heard the door open.

"Mr. Akabane, you have a visitor." Okuda peeps in, opening the door.

"Let them in," Karma says, sitting down in his chair.

Someone with blue hair walked into his office, fidgeting nervously. "Hi, Mr. Akabane. My name is Nagisa Shoita,  I'm here to talk to you about an interview?"

"Oh, right. You're the journalist." Karma smiled. "Have a seat."

Nagisa takes a seat, and Karma quickly reads him.

"Let me guess, you're thinking about what I think the future of this company is now that my father has resigned?"

Nagisa looks up from his notebook.

"Oh, no. I was just wondering how you're settling into the CEO position." Nagisa had a small smile on his face.

The question caught Karma off guard. All of the other journalists were constantly asking what his plan for the future was, and he got tired of answering. They never asked how he was feeling.

"I'm... doing alright. The adjustment is a bit of a stretch, but a lot of it is just signing paperwork and approving funding for projects."

Nagisa  nods, scribbling furiously, but not tearing his eyes from the CEO.

"It's pretty tedious. I honestly don't know why people would want the job." Karma laughs.

Nagisa smiles.

Karma found himself spilling almost everything to the reporter, having to repeat. "Uh, don't put that in" a couple of times, and Nagisa politely crossing out what he had just written.

When Okuda knocked for his next appointment, Karma almost felt sad to see him go.

As Nagisa stood up, Karm stood up as well to shake his hand.

"Come back anytime, Shoita." Karma gives him a small smile.

"I will. See you soon!" Nagisa heads out as Karma's next appointment walks in.

----

As Nagisa got back to his desk, he sank into his seat, whistling.

He really just did that.

With the CEO of Akabane Industries.

Holy shit.

Nagisa spun in his chair, wanting to burst at the seams. He turned on his computer, staring at his background for a little bit. Nagisa suddenly wished he had a pillow to scream into.

"Hard at work, I see." Kayano laughed.

Nagisa jumped out of his seat- literally- landing on the ground by her feet.

Kayano  giggled, helping the blue-haired boy off the ground. "How did the interview go?" She asked as he sits down.

"Amazing!" Nagisa sighed. "I caught him off guard with my first question. He tried to predict it, but he didn't and I got the upper hand!" He almost squealed into his hands. "And he's so much more handsome in person..." Nagisa sighs, resting his elbow on the table as he stares into his computer screen's eyes.

"Right, got it, you're gay and he's an absolute dreamboat." Kayano chuckles. "Boss wants the article on his desk in a day or two. Good luck."

"Thanks." Nagisa pulls up Word, just as a notification pops up on his phone. He glances down at it and sees a text from an unknown number.