Study Buddy

The boys were sitting on the couch, a common place for them. Nagisa had his back against the furniture's arm, his legs from just above the knee rested across Karma's lap while blue eyes were fixed intently on the book he held balanced against his chest. Karma had fallen asleep, curled to the side with his arms wrapped around Nagisa's and his face buried in the other boy's stomach. After turning the page of his book Nagisa hand returned to threading through red curls.

There was a dramatic exhale has the arms around him tightened, Karma looking up through half closed eyes. "You're interpreting the piece wrong, your grade's gonna be awful if you keep this up."

"Sorry... Didn't mean to wake you." But his words trailed off as he spoke, hand pausing in Karma's hair as he focused on the book. "Really? What am I missing?"

Karma props himself up on his arms, eyes boring into Nagisa's. "Aurum's bondage of Sylvio wasn't physical. It was emotional. Yes Sylvio was a prisoner, but because of his circumstances he hadn't felt that way until Aurum came into his life. Aurum's promises of a future hurt Sylvio much more than the chains around his legs. You should give the full piece a read, it's messed up but the ending is pretty romantic."

"I..." He sighed, exhaling a cold puff of air. "I just really don't want to. I tried reading the last one you recommended but it was awful." Nagisa's hand dropped from Karma's hair, his finger now drawing a line down the other boy's jaw. Karma turned his head to lay a kiss on Nagisa curled fingers, he smiled softly as he spoke.

"I knew you never finished it, all of our conversations about it made it clear you only read the CliffNotes. You were so earnest about it though, Nagisa, I couldn't call you out on it."

"I love listening to you talk about these old books but when it comes to reading them myself the magic just isn't there." Without the shining eyes and excited talking there just wasn't a lot to keep him interested.

Karma grumbled something, words softened by the fabric of Nagisa's shirt as he put his head back down.

"Yeah, yeah." The hand returned to fluffy red curls, resuming the soft touches of comfort. "Go back to sleep, nerd."

Handsome, kind, precious, lovely nerd.

No one can convince me that Karma doesn't love books and isn't SO cuddly when he's tired.

Sunshine💓