Mind Of Stone (light Angst)

Kimura heard piano keys. He heard a sniffle and a groan, then a banging of keys. “Damn it..” was whispered into thin air.

Kimura then jogged to the common room, “guys.. I think Nagisa-kun is playing piano.” He said in awe, eyes wide.

Karma hummed and then stood up. “Yeah he.. he plays. He also sings. But only when he's upset. I’m gonna.. gonna go to him.” The red haired boy rushed out before running out of the common room in search of his boyfriend.

The group of teens heard the piano keys again.

Thought I found a way

Thought I found a way out..”

The boy’s soft vocals echoed out into the halls as Kimura guided the group to the doorway. He put his finger in front of his lips, to keep the group silent, as they peaked in.

Nagisa's fingers danced over the keys, his eyes closed. “Oh, I hope someday I’ll make it out of here. Even if it takes all night or a hundred year.”

Karma frowned, clenching his hands into fists. “He's really upset.” He whispered, eyes sad. Kayano pouted, “he has such a nice voice.. if only he didn't use it when he was sad.”

“Need a place to hide but I couldn't find one near. Wanna feel alive outside, I can't fight my fear.” Nagisa halted his fingers, taking a deep breath to steady himself. Tears brimmed his eyes but fell when he sang his next notes.

Isn’t it lovely? All alone? Heart made of glass, my mind of stone.” Broken and desperate is what he sounded like. Clouded with dark depression is how he sang.

He sniffled and Karma knew he had enough of watching in silence. He knew singing was a way of coping for him, so he did what he knew would help. He sang with him.

Karma slowly walked over to the bench and sat down next to the boy, joining in on his notes, putting his hand on his thigh.

Tear me to pieces. Skin to bone. Hello, welcome home.” Karma took over the piano for him, allowing Nagisa to lay his head on his boyfriend's shoulder.

The group at the door was close to tears at the interaction. Of course they couldn't leave now, it was just getting good. Both of the boys had wonderful voice filled with raw emotion that tugged at their heartstrings.

Karma leaned over and kissed Nagisa's forehead as he sang, making the boy flutter his eyes shut and blush softly.

As the song continued, the blue haired boy’s voice didn't feel as sad anymore. It felt calming. He sighed heavily, leaning his head across the piano keys.

“Wanna talk about it?” Karma asked quietly, his voice gentle. Nagisa shook his head, “not with the entire class at the door.”

Kayano sputtered and Sugino coughed. Nagisa laughed a little and let out a final sigh before standing up. “I’m alright.” He reassured. “I had a moment.” Sighing in relief, Rio and Kayano pulled Nagisa into a big hug, which everyone joined in on.

“If you ever wanna talk, we’re here, okay?” Okuda said sweetly, a gentle smile on her lips. Nagisa smiled back, big and bright. “Thank you.. all of you.”