Prologue

On the 24th of December 1959, the faint echoing screams of pain could be heard all throughout Godrics Hollow

On the 24th of December 1959, the faint echoing screams of pain could be heard all throughout Godrics Hollow. Throughout the particularly bitterly cold winters night the smell of blood was carried in the wind. And as the cries died down and were replaced with muffled, sweet ones a child was born. 

In the small broken down cottage owned by the Craftwoods, a kind young woman took her last dying breaths and laid her navy blue eyes on her daughter. With one final pained smile and a tired sigh, she closed her eyes and was at rest.

Later on that evening, a figure in a raven black suit strolled into the cottage. A warm yet worried smile on his face. He carefully picked the baby up and mumbled soft nothings to it. He stroked a long calloused finger down the child's face. The girl shared his russet brown eyes. Tom Riddle admired the baby and wondered what it would be like if he kept her. Raised her to be his own. He could only imagine the joy she would be in his life. 

However, this was not an option. He had to leave. The girl would be safe and loved. He was sure of it. So as he quickly scribbled on a piece and gave the bundle of life one last look, he placed her down in the crib and hastily walked away out the door pondering on who might just find his daughter.

It was early the next morning when Albus Dumbledore arrived. He had just be informed of the death of Audrey Craftwood and had come to see if there was any clues as to Tom Riddles whereabouts. He was indeed flabbergasted to find a tiny baby sleeping soundly in a cot. A letter left beside her. 

The appearance of Minerva Mcgonagall was a comfort as she scooped up the girl, rocking her in her arms. 

"Albus what are we to do," she whispered trying not to wake the baby.

"I have already informed Hagrid of the situation and he is to transport Miss Riddle to a safe place."

"And where is that."

"Stark Towers."

"You can't surely mean to say that she is to live with that baboon, not knowing anything of our world"

"Minerva we both know the child will be safest where her father cannot reach her, and stark is the best person for the job."

"Yes, but I can only hope she does not become like him," She prayed. "What of her name."

"Well it seems that has been already decided for us."

"Good Luck Florence Ophelia Stark....."