Chapter Ten - 50 shades of your blood

Studies have always suggested that trauma could make you more vulnerable to developing physical health problems, including long-term or chronic illnesses

Studies have always suggested that trauma could make you more vulnerable to developing physical health problems, including long-term or chronic illnesses. This might be because trauma can affect your body as well as your mind, which can have a long-term impact on your physical health. You might also have been physically harmed during the trauma.

My father had always believed that pain was an just an extra character build. Something to use for your own benefit. 

Natasha had told me to learn from the past. 

Steve had told me that pain was a way of reminding us that were only human. 

And Bucky. Bucky taught me that pain demands your presence, your focus and your attention. It demands to be felt. And if you dare to turn your back on it, pretending it doesn't exist, it will only get worse and worse.

Personally I don't agree with any of this. 

I was sick of this. 

Every time I seem to wake up, I'm either in a hospital bed or getting up from a nightmarish dream. Honestly, my luck seems to be none existent. 

This time I wake up to the fact that my mate, Remus Lupin, is a werewolf. A werewolf that attacked me. 

"It's not your fault Moony. It's not like you killed her. You just. Well you just severely harmed her."

"Your not helping Sirius."

"Guys she's our mate and I attacked her. She's never going to let us go near her ever again. She hated us before. Now I can't even imagine how much she won't want to be near me."

"Moony, mate, this is Florence were talking about. It will be fine."

God they have no respect for some ones sleep. Selfish fucks. 

"You know, I really would like to get some sleep. My whole body hurts like a bitch."

"Holy shit angel."

That's when all three ran over to me. Remus limping and Sirius falling over onto me. 

"Ouch."

"Sorry babe. How are you feeling?"

"Like the titanic when it hit the ice."

"Flo, I'm so fucking sorry. I'm a monster. I understand if you never want to talk to me again. But please don't blame Sirius and James it wasn't there fault. They were just trying to protect me -"

My hand quickly goes to his face. Cupping his cheek and wiping away the stray tear. Being this close I can see all his scars. Some any are tiny like the one just through his eyebrow. However, some are more obvious. They look like they would have been really painful as they were deep and also recent.

I knew Remus had a few scars but this was awful. These scars were new. I couldn't help but blame myself. If I had just left him alone.

"Remus, baby, don't blame yourself. This wasn't your fault. You can't control some thing which has already happened. Plus you didn't know what was going on."