Chapter Five - Our Old Friend Death

Karma

Karma. The sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences. To this day I believed this. I believed that if I was a good person and that if I always did right, helped others, saved lives, that I would be alright. That karma would have my back. That is until today. I must have done something really terrible in another life. Something so atrocious that I would be cursed (or supposedly destined) to be with the people which have a wrecked havoc in my life. Because this just straight up fucked up.

I mean what the actual fuck. 

As I sat by the fire in the Slytherin common rooms drinking a hot chocolate (with whipped cream and marshmallows - obviously), I remembered earlier this evening. The events that took place. It was like poison settling in my stomach. I knew what had happened but I couldn't do anything to stop it. It just took over. Taking my life slowly but surely. I remember my heart stopping and the breath I had taken catching in my throat. 

The events had followed as such.

Just as I had found out I had heard a a ferocious roar of anger echo throughout the hall. I had turned around to find James Potter, Sirius Black and Remus Lupin jumping up from the seats around heading towards me with a storm of anger floating around them. Everyone had gone silent. The whole hall. Deadly silence. Staring at me. I hated it. But couldn't allow myself to look weak so I carried on staring blankly at the note, holding onto Regulus's hand, praying for some small miracle. 

When they had got to me, James had ripped me out of Regulus's grip and pushed me up to the wall.

"What the fuck!" he screamed.

"You desperate bitch Stark. I knew you had been panting for us but I hadn't realised how determined you were to be fucked by us," Sirius spat.

"Shut your fucking mouth Sirius," Regulus deafened me. 

"This doesn't concern you little brother."

"Oh so now you want to call me little brother, after abandoning me. Leaving me to suffer. Shocker, this does concern me because Flo is the one that supported me. Not you. Her. I will not listen to you spew hatred at her like you some sort of king. Your not."

"Oh look seems someone decided to grow some balls."

"You absolute piece of shit -"

"Shut up. Shut up, Shut up, Shut up. How dare you Sirius Black think that you can spout abuse at Regulus. You can say whatever you want at me but not him. Never him. I had no clue about any of this. None. Nada. So unless this another one of your pathetic attempts at trying to ruin my life then you can fuck off and leave me alone," I ran of out of the hall. My mascara running down my face. 

And that's when I had ended up hear listening to the low hum of Queen from the record player. I sorted through my thoughts, positive on one side and negative on the other. The positive side consisted of nothing. Nothing at all. The negative side consisted of so many different facts and ideas that my brain felt like it was about to combust. 

-------------- Time skip (next morning)  --------------

"Flo ..."

"Come on Flo ..."

"Wake up ..."

I felt a hand stroking my cheek, slowly waking me up. My eyes opened. My vision was blurry, but I could just about figure out someone on my bed. My stomach hurt so much and my throat was as dry as sandpaper. I couldn't remember anything from last night except from just continuously crying for hours until I fell asleep. I remember Regulus and Blaise comforting me. Trying to calm me down but it was useless. I was so upset. But now. Now I'm just angry.

"Hey Flo. It's morning sweetheart. We've got the day off. Why don't we go for walk. Maybe go see Hagrid. Buckbeak. Were go to the kitchen, ask the house elves to make your favourite. Eclairs and banoffee pie," Regulus whispered. He was a god send. This was exactly what I needed. I sat up and then whipped my eyes.

"Thank you Reg. And sure, that would be great. I need a day off from the marauders and there bullshit," I agreed. 

"I'll see you in the minute. Okay."

"K"

----------------- Time Skip -----------------

I started getting ready, doing my makeup fully but looking natural. I added freckles to my face and some brown eyeliner. I put my hair in two loose bubble braids down my back and then got dressed into to a brown mini skirt, patterned tights, turtle neck and green grandad vest. 

Placing my heavy black coat on for the cold weather because let me tell you the weather in Scotland was an absolute bitch to deal with. And then I added some black combat boots. I put my glasses on because I couldn't be bothered to wear contacts and then went to find Reg. I said goodbye to Aphrodite and Aries giving them some food. My babies. 

I walked into Regulus's room. Knocking on the door. When no one replied I went in.

"What the actual FUCK,"

"Ew, Ew, Ew, Ew ..."

Holy Shit. I cannot believe this. When I had walked into Regulus's room I saw him and Blaise making out. Completely naked. Like butt fucking naked. Now that was something I did not want to see. I going to need bleach my brain after that

"Regulus, Blaise, I'm giving 3 seconds to get out here and explain what the hell is going on before start screaming. You know I will,"

"One," I hear rustling from behind the door.

"Two," then a thumping.

"Two and a half," the door creaks open.

"Okay before you go freaking out on me, I can explain -"

"Reg -"

"it's just, well, over the summer, we were together and -"

"Regulus -"

" and we both realised that we liked each other and we couldn't help it. I understand it you don't want to be friends with me now -"

"REGULUS ARCTURUS BLACK, merlin, listen to me. I don't care. I love you either way. You do whatever you want. It's your life, no one else's. As long as your happy so am I."

"I love you so much," he whispered, tears coming to his eyes. I wiped them away and grabbed his hand, dragging him outside.

------------------ Time skip -----------------

"Regulus, do you think that everything happens for a reason."

"Well I suppose."

"You see I don't think there is. I think the universe likes to play cruel jokes on people. I think it enjoys seeing people suffer. That maybe its a practical joke. A mocking."

"Don't think like that."

"Then why Regulus. Why, me of all people. I don't believe I've done anything wrong. Do you?"

As I carried on rambling on we walked past the Black Lake. I could tell that for some reason Regulus was nervous. It couldn't be because of his coming out. She had reassured him that she didn't judge at all. She loved him for him. So what was it? The tension carried on to build, until they were silent.

"Regulus what's -"

"What do you think of the Dark Lord?"

-------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.