Chapter two - I Call Shotgun (Said the Dead Man)

Outfit I imagine her wearing but you can just ignore

Florence POV

Later that day we arrived at platform 9 3/4 King's Cross Station. If I was honest I was terrified for this year. This was the year we got our soulmarks which obviously would lead to us to finding our soulmates. Most people were ecstatic for this oh so fun occasion. Me, on the other hand, I did not want a soulmate. Not in any shape or form. I didn't want to be forced into being with someone who I'm supposedly fated to. Why should someone else get to deicide?  A new wave of worry rolls through my body and I start to feel sick. I quickly grab onto Bucky's hand. He looks down and smiles at me with that smile which reminds that my problems really aren't as bad as I think. He ruffles my hair and then carries on leading me through the crowd of sweaty people. 

Just as we reach the middle of the platform we stop. My dad, Steve, Nat, Bucky and Thor are here with me. And although I would like to think that no ones is staring, I can't help but see the funny looks given to my family. You see, in the end my family stand out. Not only are they muggles but they also refuse to blend in. Right now there all in there suites. Supposedly because there going on a mission after this but I know there just embarrassing me. 

"Quit smirking at me!" I whisper at my dad.

"I'm not smirking!"

"Well, stop laughing at me."

"I'm not laughing!"

"Well quit whatever it is your doing."

"This is me with a cheery disposition; A ray of sunshine in the mist of bleakness. Don't put a cloud over my sunshine."

"It's an excuse to laugh at me."

"RAIN CLOUD!"

"Shut up!" I hiss at him. Pinching his arm. I look around to see few odd glances our way but otherwise every one was busy saying there emotional goodbyes.

"Okay, Okay. I'll stop. "

"I better get going."

"Wait before you go your mum has a few notes she wants me to say."

"Seriously."

"1.) Stay out of trouble. 2.) No detentions 3.) No letters home. 4.) Eat your vegetable. Jesus. Pepper doesn't know when to stop. Don't tell I said that. Okay. Right. This goes on forever. Basically just behave. Pretty sure if we get another letter home Pepper's gonna blow a blood vessel."

A smile a little at that. Pepper had always been the parent who actually acted like a parent. Tony was the parent who acted like a child. 

"Now give me a hug before you go. I'm gonna miss ya kid."

I hastily run into his arms. Taking in his engine oil and expensive cologne sent which makes me feel protected, warm and loved. I feel a few tears creep into my eyes but I quickly blink them away.

"Your be fine Flo. Don't worry about the whole soulmates shit. You decide what you want. I'm proud of you alright."

He gives me a kiss on the top of my head then pushes me over to the others. I smile at them. My family.

First I go to Nat and Steve and hug them both separately.

"Remember what I've taught you Flo. Any of those boys give you trouble and you give it to them back. Have fun. Don't do anything I wouldn't do," Nat reminds me.

I then walk over to Thor and jump up to give him a kiss on the cheek and hug.

"Lady Florence, I shall miss you. When you get we shall go and visit Asgard. Mother misses you dearly," he promises.

Lastly I go to Bucky, tears falling from my eyes. He wraps his arms around me tightly, stroking my hair.

"Your gonna be alright Flo. I promise."

And with one final crooked smile. I walk off.

--------- On the train -------

As I stroll through the train looking for my friends, I run into something hard. Falling backwards, I quickly place my signature smile on my face ready to apologise to whoever I just ran into.

"Bloody hell. I am so sorry. I just wasn't looking where I was going and I was in rush. But then who isn't. So it really is not an excuse. However I feel I should have some reason as to why I was not paying attention. Sorry. I'll shut up. I really am sorry."

And just as I look up to see who might just have word vomited on, I am greeted by a cruel smirk and harsh glare. 

Low and behold, Sirius Black. Built like a Greek god, with jet black silky long hair, mysterious grey eyes and a lean figure of pure muscle. I instantly flush with embarrassment. My cheeks turning bright red. A look of pure disgust radiates from his face. Not that I'm surprised. He has hated since first year. For reasons I do not know.

"Watch wearing your going Stark," he spits my last name like it's an insult to even have to say it.

My once sweet demeanour melts into the Slytherin I am and my expression turns icy cold with hatred.

"Piss off Black," a reply back short tempered.

"Well look here, seems the pathetic little Slytherin has grown a pair. don't think that just because you've finally hit puberty it doesn't mean anyone will pay attention to a desperate slut like you. Your still the nobody you've always been."

I can't help but feel hurt, even though I should be used to this by now. I never am. It always shocks me how cruel this boy can be. I choose to pretend like I didn't here him. Flipping him my middle finger while pushing pat him and walking down the carriage. 

This is gonna be a long year.