First Night and Day

"First years!" A voice called from the other end of the station. "This way please!" I looked over and saw this huge man with a long beard and he was carrying a lantern. He had to be over 8 feet tall. Harry immediately led us over to him. "Come on now, first years, don't be shy!" The man smiled when he spotted Harry. "'Ello Harry!" He said.

"Hey Hagrid." Harry grinned. Ron stared up at him.

"Whoa!"

"Alright, this way to the boats! Follow me." Boats? Thank the gods it wasn't raining. "Alright! No more than four to a boat!" I got into a boat with Ron, Harry, and Hermione. The castle was beautiful, not as gorgeous as Mom's palace in Olympus or even the Throne Hall, but it was still incredible. We were led up the stairs from the lake and we stopped when we were in front of an elderly woman in emerald green wizard robes and a stern vibe to her.

"Welcome to Hogwarts." She announced. "Now in a few moments you will walk through these doors and join your classmates but before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. There are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin." I looked at Harry and Ron, who both looked nervous. Honestly, after reading about the famous witches and wizards that came from Hogwarts, I think I'd rather be in Gryffindor. I may be loyal, but I don't think I'm patient enough for Hufflepuff and I don't think I'm intelligent enough for Ravenclaw. Slytherin might be a possibility but considering just how many assholes of history came from there and the whole Pure-Blooded wizardry nonsense I've read about, I really didn't want to deal with people like that. "Now while you're here," the woman continued, snapping me out of my thoughts. Damn ADHD. "Your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule-breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup." Okay so it's very similar to camp, just stricter. Cool. I'll be just fine here.

"Trevor!" A boy exclaimed and ran forward, getting a frog that was sitting in front of the woman. He looked up at her and she stared down at him. He went back to the crowd of fellow eleven-year-old-s, muttering an apology.

The woman looked around at all of us. "The Sorting Ceremony will begin momentarily." She said before walking off.

"It's true then!" I looked over at the sudden exclamation and saw the same blonde-haired boy who had stared at me at Platform 9 and 3/4. "What they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." He sounded like a rich snob. "This is Crabbe and Goyle." Ew, those names. "And I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy." Ron snorted and Draco's head whirled around to glare at him. "You think my name's funny do you? Red hair, and a hand me down robe? You must be a Weasley." He sneered. "You'll soon find out that some wizarding families are better than others Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." He held out a hand to Harry who just looked down at it.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself thanks." He said in a neutral voice.

"Too late dearie, Harry's already begun to develop a brain." I said off-handedly while I was looking at my nails. I wasn't liking the baby blue on them anymore. I think I'm going to switch to Pink or Rose Gold.

"Excuse me?" Draco looked at me. His ears went pink when I looked up at him.

"You heard me, sweetie." I said with a condescending voice, talking to him like he was 3.

"And you are?" He asked.

"Pandora Black. A pleasure, I'm sure." I said. His eyes went wide. He probably would have said more if the older woman from before came back and tapped him on the shoulder with a scroll. Draco moved back to where he originally was, giving Harry one last look.

"We're ready for you now. Follow me." I got next to this Indian girl and we followed the woman. The room was incredible. The ceilings were really high and imitated the sky outside, almost making it look like there was no roof. There were floating candles everywhere and there were four very long tables, two on each side of us. There was a banner over each table, each a different color and with a different mascot. At the other end of the room was another long table, filled with who I assumed was the staff. Dumbledore sat in a fancy throne looking chair in the middle of the table. Hagrid was also at this table, along with that ass-hat Snape. He and I locked eyes and we glared at each other. In front of the staff table, was a stool with a dirty old hat on top of it. That thing was ugly as hell.