Time to Save a Stone

AN: I am still alive! I don't have an excuse as to why I haven't written in almost 2 years. Thank you to everyone who has still been reading, commenting and saving this story. I never once thought that this story would get this popular. I will do my best to continue writing but I do have over 100 other fanfictions I write in my Google Docs. I do have a Demon Slayer story that I have been religiously working on so that is taking a good chuck of my attention especially with the completion of the swordsmith village arc. If any one wants me to post that fic, please let me know. 

Also, I wanted to bring up a point that I asked about in one of my past chapters. The love interest/interests for Pandora. Nico is no longer an option as I didn't feel right changing Nico's sexuality. I apologize to everyone that wanted Pandora to be with Nico. I might do a "chapter" with the love options and everyone can vote.

Anyways, hope you enjoy the chapter!

The rest of the day, we were all on edge. Hermione had decided to follow Snape but she quickly lost him. After dinner and on our way up to our dorm, Harry stopped us and told us to come out at 11 and he and Ron would meet us outside our dorm room. The other girls went to bed pretty early and before Hermione and I left the room, I gave a quick prayer to Hermes so we can sneak out easily. Harry had his invisibility cloak with him and we all went downstairs. 

Sadly, the prayer I sent to Hermes didn't seem to reach him because Trevor, Neville's frog, was sitting on an armchair arm and was croaking loudly. 

"Trevor!" Ron hissed. "Go! You shouldn't be here." 

Our situation got worse as Neville sat up from the armchair. "Neither should you." He said. This gives me vibes of being caught by your mother while you're trying to sneak out of the house to go to a party. "You're sneaking out again, aren't you?" He accused. 

"Nev, please listen..." I tried explaining but he quickly cut me off.

"No, Dora, I won't let you!" I was shocked, but I also felt weirdly proud. Neville was a timid boy but he was standing up to us. "You'll get Gryffindor in trouble again. I-I-I'll fight you!" He held up his fists in a ready position.

I was about to say something but Hermione was quicker. 

"Neville, I'm really, really sorry about this. Petrificus Totalus." Neville went as stiff as a board and just as he was falling backwards, I grabbed the front of his pajamas. I gently lowered him onto the ground and placed a pillow under his head. His eyes were still active but they weren't closing. 

"I'm really sorry Neville." I apologized and I closed his eyelids so his eyes wouldn't dry out.
"Come on, Dora." Ron said urgently. "We gotta go." 

I stood up and just behind the Pink Lady's portrait, Harry put the invisibility cloak over all four of us and we made our way to the Forbidden Corridor. It was agonizingly slow but we couldn't exactly run to the door.

Once we got through the door, I almost groaned. Fluffy was already asleep and there was a harp in the corner of the room, playing itself. 

"Snape's already been here. He's put a spell on the harp." Harry muttered. The dog was snoring loudly and it sent a gust of foul smelling breath over us. 

"Ugh! It's got horrible breath." Ron complained just as Fluffy breathed on us again, making mine and Hermione's hair fly behind us. I couldn't help but gag. 

"Where's the trap door?" Harry asked, looking around. I looked down and saw Fluffy's paw on top of something. I just went forward and started pushing his paw back. Harry was by my side almost immediately and helped me push the huge paw off of the door. Once we got it uncovered, Harry quietly opened it. It was so dark down there that I couldn't even see what was in there.