CHAPTER 14 / A BLOSSOM MORNING

ZANE

Alright, a recap of yesterday.

Once waking up at the hotel, we had breakfast at McDonald's and we drove to Nana's hometown, south of O'Khasis, Phoenix Drop and Falcon Claw. Nana and I arrived in Alyssa Falls, we spent the day looking around some parts of the town and I meet her hero, Mrs Oates, baker, and business owner. 

Around half past five, Nana drives me to her hometown and I meet her younger sister, Remmi. Then we went upstairs to Nana's bedroom on the third story and we had 50 minutes to get ready for a formal dinner. Then I meet her mother and then Nana and I discover that we know each other more than we think. Her mother knows Sylvanna and Zianna - and Zianna is my mum. 

From there, we had dinner and then Nana, ran upstairs, crying in her bed. We then decipher some babies from a photo and I gave Alanna (Nana's mum), my mum's phone number. Then Nana and I unpack all of our stuff, Remmi told us that Nana's parents wanted to spend the day with them. But, we didn't have a choice. 

THE NEXT MORNING BROUGHT TO YOU BY POP-TARTS

I noticed a pattern, whenever I sleep next to Nana, we both have a perfect night's sleep. Barely any interruptions. We have a non-disturbed night's sleep. Something I noticed last night, was that Nana's mattress was soft. Firm, but soft. I could lie there all day if I could. 

I love it when, whenever I read before I go to sleep, I always have Nana asleep by my side, purring softly. It's so cute... and satisfying actually. 

Nana can sleep through anything, even back at Starlight, she could sleep through Garroth's horrible, goat-screeching snoring, when I even had to wear earplugs, but I still couldn't sleep. On the day we were meant to leave Starlight, Garroth's snoring was horrible and my earplugs went missing. She can even sleep with a lamp on, maybe even in broad daylight. 

I woke up around a quarter past seven, I'm a sleeping-in kind of person, but punctual. Not like Nana, so I try to help out when I can. 

The sun was shining from her bedroom window. I could see the sun reflecting on the pool water from the backyard, making it glisten, like the Alyssa Falls lake. It was true, the sakura truly was beautiful and they were the best part of her town. 

Nana was asleep so soundly. She was my girl. We must've been put together by fate.

'When were we going to become something more? Something like Aphmau and Aaron.' 

Those words kept repeating in my head, it was bothering me, I needed to call Aaron later. I want to get to know her fully, every secret, every weird thing she does, everything she hides. This was my first ever relationship. I didn't want to rush it. This is the one that I've chosen and I'm in control of it. Not like Aphmau, when we were pretending for my mum, or when Michi and I were put together as leftovers a couple of times. I want to learn from this. I know it's teaching me AND Nana something new. Nana will always be the one for me. 

I went into the closet and chose out my normal attire, grateful that I didn't need to wear another itchy tux. On my way to the bathroom, I kissed Nana on the head, as I walked away I saw her smile. Which was sweet. 

I brushed my hair and lifted my fringe and looked into my blind eye. I wish Garroth had never done that. I wish I could look into Nana's eyes with both of my eyes. I wish she could see both of my eyes. I wish I could pull back my hair all the time. I'll eventually show her my eye, but I hope it doesn't scare her. The scar is nasty. 

I dropped down my hair and left the bathroom, all ready for the upcoming day out. 

Nana was awake on the side of her bed, rubbing her eyes. 

"Morning Nana," I said, putting my pyjamas under the pillow. 

"Morning Zane, I was wondering where you disappeared to since the bathroom was so quiet. I thought one of my sisters had kidnapped you," Nana said. 

"What? No way. You have a wild imagination and I love that." I climbed over the bed and kissed her on the head, "You get ready and I wait here. I've got something to do. Then, we can head downstairs together." 

"Okay, sure. I'm looking forward to it," Nana replied beaming. 

She walked into the closet, grabbed her clothes and went into the bathroom, I saw some of her toiletries in the bathroom earlier. It was about 5 minutes until I heard the shower running. 

I called someone, and that someone was Aaron Lycan. 

He answered almost immediately.

"Hey Zane, what's up, you rarely call me," Aaron said over the phone. 

"Um, yeah, I have a question for you. But first I wanna know where Aphmau is and is this on speaker?" 

"Aphmau is still asleep, I'm downstairs and this is on the ear. Do you want me to go get her?"

"No, no. It's good. I wanted to talk to you privately. Like this is fine."

"Okay, so what's your question?"

"Okay, so Nana said last night, after dinner, she was sad and all, I met her parents and some of her family, so not our most comfortable thing."

"Yeah..."

"And she said that she wanted to be more. I'm guessing more than girlfriend and boyfriend."

"Hmm, okay. Didn't expect this, not for a while anyway."

"Yeah and I don't want to rush this. Then mess it up."

"I know that feeling. Okay so maybe, you can spend the holidays getting to know her more, since you're in her hometown. And it's Christmas. So enjoy that."

"Okay."

"Then, you can begin on propose planning."

"Uhhhhh....."

"I know, I know. But she wants it, I know it. Anyways, find out where her dream vacation place is, well that's just my opinion. Because it'll make it memorable. For example, for Aphmau it was Star- Star-, sorry I can't say it, don't worry though. The beginning was beautiful, and memorable for everyone. In the end, I agree with you there." 

"Mm-kay. I'll give it a go."

"I wanna know, how were her parents?"

"Nothing like yours. But it was very surprising actually. Nana's mum, Alanna, knew my mum, Zianna from high school. And she's one of the Beyonce ladies. So, it all went well, her father just asked me how was my dad, it was really simple." 

"You're lucky! It was the complete opposite for me."

"Yup, I know. I was very surprised. And to add on, you know how Aph and my brothers knew her from when we were babies? Well, Nana was another one of us, with her brothers and sisters. We were all neighbours at one point."

"What did I say you're so lucky!"

"Other than that, I've gotta go. Nana will be ready soon. Bye Aaron."

"Same here, bye Zane." 

And we hung up there. I continued reading my book while I was waiting for Nana, I even managed to make the bed, while I was waiting. When she finally was ready (wearing what she usually wore), she ran over to grab her phone.

"Zane? You ready?" She asked me.

"Yeah," I replied. 

She came over to me to kiss me and then my phone pinged, it was my mum. Gah, one way to wreck my romantic moments!!

WORD COUNT: 1355

I've changed the storyline so many times for this part. If it's a bit out of whack when you read it, tell me and I'll fix it up. :)
PS: This story is ranked #1 in ZaneChan!!!!! Didn't expect it to be this good. Thank you so much for reading. 

Shoutouts to:
Nerd_Knight
Mikaelajanemikay24
My new followers, thank you!

2022 Edit: ^^ The OGs