CHAPTER 43 / ASHIDA LUCK (XMAS PT.2)

ZANE

"So, what do we do..?" Nana said, quoting Sunny Starscout from MLH - A New Generation when they were trying to find the pegasus crystal. 

"Usually us Ro'Meaves celebrate Christmas on the night of Christmas Day," dad explained.

"That's because we're still stuffed from the night before from my family's Christmas Eve celebrations," mum pointed out, my brothers and I nodded in agreement.

"I'm so stuffed right now!" Remmi exclaimed, rocking back and forth on the floor.

"That I can agree with you on! You guys go over the top with the food." Vylad told the Ashida's.

"Well, there are four generations to feed and there's usually enough leftovers so I don't need to cook for the next few weeks," Alanna said.

Home Alone was playing on the TV, coming around to my favourite part, the pranks. "I wish there was some snowfall this Christmas." Remmi sighed.

"Snowfall?" my brothers and I questioned.

"Yeah, it brings good luck to the upcoming new year," Nana answered.

"So, the snow falling is good?" Garroth asked.

"Yeah, it is, it hasn't snowed on Christmas since we first moved, the snow just avoids Christmas. It's happened once actually on our first Christmas here, and the year that Nana began Phoenix Drop High, but that was it." Alanna explained.

"Do you think it'll snow this Christmas?" Vylad asked.

"I'm not sure, but we're all hoping so," Mamoru answered shrugging.

"Well, it's Christmas, anything can happen," Nana said.

Somehow I wasn't paying attention to most of the conversation after that, I was just staring off into the distance. 

I was so grouchy all those years ago, not believing in friends and holiday magic, but it changed with Aphmau, wanting to be friends back on Mystreet.

Lost in my thoughts, I thought I was hallucinating, I thought I was watching white snowflakes falling outside the window. I rubbed my eyes, thinking I was seeing things. But it was still there, it wasn't my imagination. 

"Hey Nana, you see that?" I told her, nudging her arm to look out the window.

"Oh my... NO WAY!" she exclaimed, scrambling over to the window, her tail swaying left to right in less than a second.

"Nana? Are you okay?" Alanna asked.

"Snow! Falling! Here! Now!" Nana panted.

"She says there's snow falling outside." I translated.

Nana couldn't stop looking out the window, using her right hand to open the back sliding door and rushing outside. 

"Really!?" Remmi smiled, joining her sister. 

"Yes!" Mamoru exclaimed.

"This is amazing!" Alanna squealed.

"Wow!" Haruto said.

My family and I shrugged at each other and decided to join the others on the back porch. 

I breathed in the fresh snow breeze, it was sweet, I watched the crystals of snow fall onto the bright pink cherry blossoms and the frozen grass.

NANA

Snow falling at home!? That was a huge thing! That was a sign telling us all that something extraordinary was going to happen and that be super lucky, no matter what.

WORD COUNT: 572

This chapter was based on what happened to me in 2019 on Christmas, bushfires were burning nearby, the worst that Australia had seen in recorded history, and the fire season starting in September 2019. 

Well, my family and I on Christmas Eve having our annual dinner and such, we were opening presents around the tree at my house and outside we saw tons of rain falling, it was nice, considering it was summer and we were in a drought. 

And that's this chapter's origin, I had this idea when I was first writing the first chapter.