CHAPTER 38 / WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ME?

NANA

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Zane here, he's being quitshy. He really, really, REALLY doesn't want me to leave... I love him, he loves me...

But he knows I'm a primod for his own protection, I have to leave him, there's no other option really, well... there may be one... I couldn't possibly do that to him. 

"But Zane..." I said.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Zane... what do you even know about me?" I said.

"What do I know about you? Um, do you want me to list them just tell to them to you?" 

"Just... do whatever."

"Okay, Nana, well I know your real name, you watch My Little Horsies, you have hundreds and hundreds of bows (all different shades), you've watched every kind of anime that ever exists, well except the marvel oce you really don't like them-"

"The real movies are great, the anime, not so much."

"-Right. every morning you start the day with warmed - full cream - milk, which you're very protective of-"

"Am not!"

"I know your home nickname which is Nee and Cherry Nee ("Don't call me that! Like ever!" I protested), you like pastel colours, and your favourite MLH character is Pinkie Cake. Oh, and your favourite ice cream is bubblegum and rainbow  mix together in a cup. How was that?" 

(If you know more, comment, I couldn't think of any more but mostly made things up)

"Perfect," I answered. 

"Why'd you wanna know that stuff?" he asked. 

"I just wanted to see how much you know about me. None of my previous boyfriends didn't wanna learn about me, maybe they did, but we never talked, all they wanted to talk about was themselves, and stuff. Ans Damien, we never talked, we just you know."

"Well it didn't help that Lucinda put a love potion on you two, that one time," muttered Zane. 

"What was that?" I asked.

"Nothing. So your previous boyfriends, what'd they do wrong?" he said, changing the subject. 

"Well, all they did was, talk, talk, talk, but you ask about me and listen, not cutting me off, you know?" 

"Mm-hmm. Remember when you and Aph paired me with Michi, she just, wouldn't stop talking! I hated that and I have to admit, that her voice is very annoying. Zane?" I asked seriously, but softly, "Why aren't you like my previous boyfriends?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"Like, you, you listen, don't cut me off, trust me, protect me, um, you know me, you're so easy to talk to and you just get me. You know?"

"Yeah. I guess we do just 'get' each other."

"Exactly like that. We relate to each other all the time, about the shadowed stuff, and I bet I know everything about you."

"Hang on, I just realised are you comparing me to your old boyfriends?" he suddenly asked.

I thought about it for a second. "I guess so."

"So, am I better than your previous boyfriends?"

"I mean, you've seen the insides of me way more times than them, well you know what I mean by that, and we talk so, so comfortably, so yeah, I do think you're better as a person and boyfriend for me. Just, uh, don't tell them that."

"It's a good thing then."

"Definitely." I replied, "Mm, so what now?"

"I don't know." 

"I'm freezing."

I said just as I realised that before the 'incident' we'd left our coaand obviously didn't have the chance to put them the cold, snow-bound, winter outdoors, we were almost frozen. 

"Yeah, come on, we should warm up at the fire," Zane replied, putting his arm over my shoulder.

We began walking back to my parent's house from the park, the snow began to fall. Just as I opened the door to the warm house, something hit my body, it was cold and crumbled to the ground. 

Zane and I turned around and saw the evidence of a SNOWBALL. 

We also saw four figures, Remmi, Haruto, Garroth and Vylad standing in the snow, holding a snowball each ready for an ultimate battle.

"Well?" Remmi prompted.

"It's on!" we challenged.

"As soon as we get our coats," Zane added.

We ran inside and quickly put them on.

"Hey, Nana," Zane asked.

"Yeah?"

"You know, the last time I had a snowball fight, well excepting the one on mystreet, I lost an eye. I guess I'm not good at these kinds of things."

"Just... um, pack the snow together tightly, make sure nothing is in it, and then aim and throw."

"That doesn't seem so hard."

"It's as easy as it sounds."

"You sure?"

"Duh! With 11 siblings, snowball fights as early as November are expected. I know what I'm talking about, kind of an expert."

"Okay Professor Ashida, lead the way." he teased.

"Fine." I sassed, walking out the door and instantly getting hit by snowballs.

"Hey! Be careful! Remember! I HAVE A BROKEN ARM!" I yelled.

"Fine. But still, I'm not going easy on you." Haruto sneered. 

"You're in for a battle!" I exclaimed, chucking a snowball at his stomach.

"You know it!" Remmi agreed.

WORD COUNT: 858

Okay, I've never done a snowball fight before since I've never encountered snow before, it's always raining during Australian winters and never snow. But I hope I've done a good job! Thank you for 2.5K reads! Don't forget to comment and vote!