CHAPTER 40 / THE NEXT STEP

ZANE

Nana wants to spend time with her younger sister, so that left me to do nothing. But then it hit me, I thought that now would be the best time for my brother's and I to tell our parents our secret. A secret that we've been hard on...

My brothers and I had met up by the river/canal thingy by the cherry blossoms. "You guys ready?" Garroth asked us.

"Well there's not much more notice we can really give them." I shrugged.

"Yeah, exactly." Vylad agreed.

"Text will be less-suspicious," Garroth claimed. Vylad and I disagreed with him. 

"Fine. We'll do it your way." Garroth sighed.

I called mum on my phone, and she almost instantly answered."Hi, ZuZu! What is it?" mum said cheerfully from the other end.

"Hey..." I said, urging one of my brothers to now speak.

"Mummy, can you meet us at the river walk!?" Garroth asked.

"Oh, GarGar! You're hanging out with ZuZu! That's amazing I-"

"All three of us are." Vylad interrupted.

"OMI!" she squealed.

"Bring dad too," I added.

"Okay, river walk, bring your father, got it, see you three in a sec!" she cheered, and she hung up the phone call.

"Now we wait." I sighed.

MAGICAL TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY REBECCA RO'MEAVE

"Where can she be!?" Vylad exclaimed lying on the nearest bench. I was pacing back and forth just waiting for them.

"I think we should give up now, you know we've been waiting for ages!" Garroth whined.

"It's literally been 15 minutes now," I said annoyed by their actions.

"Hi boys!" mum said cheerfully walking over to us, with dad right behind her, "Oh, you boys look exhausted! Are you okay?" she asked.

"Well other than waiting in the freezing cold for 15 minutes, I think we're fine," I said ruffling my hair and getting rid of all the snowflakes in my hair. 

"What'd you need us for?" dad asked.

"Well, Vylad you're going first," Garroth said.

"First? Huh? For what?" mum asked.

"Vylad will start then you'll begin to ask, kay?" Garroth said.

"Ok, Vylad... whatcha gonna tell us?" mum asked.

NANA

Remmi and I managed to smash 7 episodes of Fruits Basket, so I went to look for Zane since I couldn't find him anywhere in the mansion, so I thought I could follow his parents, for some reason they went on the river walk, the first place Zane saw the town properly. Huh, weird. I hid behind a tree to eavesdrop. MAXIMUM SNEAKY. Okay, maybe that new MLH movie has gotten into my head. I saw Zane, his parents, Garroth and Vylad.

ZANE

"Okay, here," Vylad said passing a note to our parents, "I've been travelling the world and I've been taking college courses lately, and if you want someone to take over the Ro'Meave Cooperation, I'd be happy to do it," he explained.

"No tricks?" dad said cautiously, he didn't believe us.

We shook our heads. Mum was about to be flooding with tears. "Really?!" mum smiled tearily.