A Reunion with Dark Revelations; An Atomic Rematch + End of the Encounter

Alola Region _ Near Aether Paradise (Above the sea)

We locate ourselves once again it the Alola region, to be more precise at the seas as we see around eleven silhouettes in the sky as they've neared the headquarters of the gang... and talking about that gang!

"So this is how it feels to be in the sky?" Delia exclaimed a bit entertained as she was riding her son's ride, the Garchomp finding her a bit heavier thanks to being an adult in comparison to his rider.

"You don't seem very scared at this miss Ketchum" Mallow and some of the others seeing her behaviour a bit out of sketch, not everyday seeing someone so calm to be in the air.

"I have seen many things with my sonny, this is just something common between him and his acknowledges" Delia answered her sweetly as she continued to gaze to the distance of the sea, as it wasn't a fact of everyday to see the sea so close thanks to riding a Pokémon... But Gladion and Lillie actually had one question that they've wanted the elder Ketchum to answer.

"Miss Delia"

"Yes dear?" Delia heard Lillie suddenly call her attention as the girl actually had a puzzling expression on her face, this actually intriguing the adult.

"Has Ash really em... retired from Pokémon training?" Lillie asked with a bit of nervousness as she was expecting the woman to actually get a bit serious... something that indeed happened as Delia was caught a bit surprised of her question.

"Lillie dear, it's not good to intrude into people's personal lives. Same for all of you kids" The Alola gang flinched a bit from the tone of the adult, as she had seemed to catch that they did something not respectful *Sighs* "But yes... unfortunately he did" this response of her giving a negative reaction from the gang.

'So it is true' "Since when?" Gladion asked as he was a bit serious and saddened, as he was now starting to find an explanation of his decision.

"Two months after his travel in Kalos, we had some sort of talk with him if he was really intending to do so-"

Flashback

We see ourselves in Oak's Ranch at the reserve, as we could take a look to a peaceful Ash that was looking at the sky, beholding a beautiful night in the Kanto region full of stars that could shine through your soul.

Why was he there? Ash decided to have a talk with Oak and his mother in private in the night, Tracey being away with professor Ivy around Johto and Gary exploring the lands of Ishuu for some details in the Tao Trio that intrigued the international professor.

Ash was actually in a small break down, as his looks were clearly telling that he wasn't happy at all with his own self, something even Pikachu could feel as the mentioned Pokémon was laying on his lap, resting for what it seemed another day of training and playing with his Pokémon partners.

'Am I really ok doing this?' Ash thought to himself as he was having a bit of a mental dilemma 'There has been always times like these, but to think I was so close in Kalos?... Agh! such a pain in the noggin'!' Ash was frustrated.

Even two months after his travel through Kalos, Ash wasn't really going well with the idea of losing in the league after being so close of the victory this time, even after so long he was so short in terms of victory.

Alain was a trainer he had never expected to be, well he knew how strong he was, but his will was just larger than his in all ways. Mairin was the reason of his strength and he knew it thanks to that hunch he had back then when he and his gang met her. As his closest friend he could understand why he could overpower him.