Chapter 1: Wild (Part 1)

Logan had gone out into the woods for some peace and quiet. Camping was just a way for her to decompress and get back to her roots. She had grew up in the mountains with her grandparents. So she always felt more at home here. Especially in these woods. After all, they were a part of her grandparent's land. She knew every rock and tree, where the best berry bushes were, what spot where salmon would jump and land on rocks so they were easy to catch.

When she was younger she wanted so badly to live in the city. Thinking that she was going to have a fabulous life out there where everything happened. But honestly, it was a bit overwhelming. So many expectations were laid in front of Logan on what to do and what not to do. She had to dress a certain way or act a certain way as both a woman and an alpha.

Before she lived in the city she hadn't really considered what made her a proper woman or alpha. She just simply was. So out here, she could shed all that weight and just simply be again. She didn't have to worry about fashionable clothes and just be comfortable.

All she had to worry about was what her next meal was and making sure nothing else got to it before her.

Logan crested a steep hill and took a deep breath when she saw her favorite camping site just down below. Grinning to herself she began slowly walking down with her walking stick resting on her shoulders. The rocks on the side of the hill looked stable as always, but her grandfather did warn her about the extra rain possibly making them a little loose. So Logan tried to take extra care.

Then she heard a twig snap nearby, looking in the direction as she took a step, she heard a crack and the rock broke below her sending her tumbling down the hill. When she reached the bottom she stared up at the sky groaning. She checked her head to make sure she didn't spilt it open. Thankfully it seemed like she hadn't. Blood trickled from her forehead and she let out a low whine of pain.

"Shit..." She cursed, thankfully it seemed like she had only cut her forehead. Maybe a light concussion but nothing serious. "That's going to hurt in the morning." She hissed wondering why she had let herself get so distracted to do something so stupid. She looked up the hill to see her walking stick broken in two from the fall.

"Damn." She complained to herself before slowly standing up. She was on the other side of the stream from where she wanted to be. But she was not in a position to be picky. Slipping off her backpack she got out her sleeping bag and first aid kit with some food. It was best to rest for now. She'd make her way over to her campsite later.

As she treated herself, she noticed a slight sprain in her ankle. "Seems about right." She grumbled softly, she stripped off her dirty shirt to change for a cleaner one. As she did she heard a distant trilling noise. She paused and looked over not seeing anything at the tree line where the noise had come from. She strained her ears swearing she heard soft purring but shook her head. That was ridiculous.

No one was out here. It was just her. Slipping on a new shirt she decided just in case to keep her gun nearby. The sun was about to set at this point, so she made a small fire close to the river on some rocks. Just for lighting. She also set up her solar lamp as well. Sliding into her sleeping bag she popped a couple of pain pills before drifting off to sleep.

The sound of purring woke her up and the smell of flowers filled her nose. Opening her eyes she saw a figure sitting on her hips staring at her. Her eyes widened and she reached for her gun only to have it swiped from her hands. It tossed the gun aside and leaned down to get a better look at her. Through the light of the lamp and fire, Logan could see this figure was a male. He looked like he might be an omega. Smelled like it too. He... Really... Smelled like it.

Logan's eyes widened.

He was in heat. Had this been an enclosed space Logan would've choked on his scent. But thankfully there was a good breeze coming through making it less intense. The omega dipped his head near Logan's neck and sniffed. A familiar trill came from him, Logan's eyes widened. He had watched her earlier!