Chapter 1: Wild (Part 3)

CONTENT WARNING: Implied Sexual Assault

The next morning Logan felt a smaller form squeezed between her and Beau. Opening her eyes she saw that kid again. Looking closer she could tell the kid was probably a little girl. She was fast asleep laying her head on Logan's arm. Beau woke up shortly after Logan and smiled at her before looking down at the child.

All color from his face faded within an instant. He sat up and went to wake the child in a panic. Logan grabbed his hand with her free arm before he could wake the little girl. "Hey. It's okay." She said slowly pulling his arm towards her and kissing his hand. Beau froze and his eyes slowly filled with tears. They trickled down his face and he whimpered.

Logan was confused, those didn't look like tears of sadness they looked like he was relieved. She reached over and wiped them away from his face not understanding what the big deal was. The little girl slowly stirred awake and froze when she saw the two of them staring at her.

She let out a nervous laugh and Logan grinned pinching her nose a little. She squirmed and Logan released her easily. "You're a little brat." She teased chuckling. The little girl sat up looking between her and Beau. Who smiled and nodded softly.

The little girl scrambled out of the nest and grabbed the brush and some hair ties with red cheeks she scrambled back up the nest and scooted in front of Logan holding the brush and ties out in her hands. Her little hands shook and she looked nervous. Logan sat up and looked over at Beau confused. Then she noticed something.

The kid kind of looked like Beau. Her eyes widened, was this...? She looked over at Beau who seemed nervous and played with his braid. The little girl stared intently at Logan. Logan took a breath and smiled before taking the brush and ties. This didn't bother her really. But what bothered her was the implications. Beau was unmarked before her, that little alpha showed up at Beau's cave randomly and tried to force his way in. Beau looked scared of him.

Had Beau been hurt by that alpha? And did this little one come from that?

How terrible and awful. If Logan had known that little shit had done this, she would've killed him on sight. Taking advantage of Beau because he couldn't tell anyone. She softly turned the little girl around and began to brush her hair much in the way she did with Beau.

She heard Beau let out a breath of relief and saw him relax. The little girl fidgeted a little but it seemed to be from nervousness and happiness. She did that sort of sitting dance that little kids do whenever they were really happy about something. Logan chuckled finding it cute, no matter what it wasn't that little girl's fault how she came into this world. Her hair was a little short to braid like Beau's so Logan braided strands of hair at the top and let the rest flow free.

"There you go," She said patting lightly on the little girl's shoulder. She reached up slowly and touched her hair. She said something to Beau and then burst into tears. "Hey! Hey, it's okay!" Logan grabbed the little girl and pulled her into a hug. She clung tight to Logan sobbing. Logan rubbed her back as she hiccuped and whimpered.

"It's alright... Everything's fine." She said soothingly. She looked to Beau and smiled at him. Beau seemed like he was so relieved. Once the little girl calmed down Logan then realized she could communicate with her. Grinning at her she motioned to herself, "Logan." She said patting her chest, "Lo... Gan..." She sounded out her name.

The little girl sniffled, "Logun." Her pronunciation wasn't perfect but was close enough. Logan grinned and nodded. She then tapped the little girl's chest. "Roe." The little girl responded, "Roe?" Logan repeated. Roe sniffed and nodded. "Roe!" Logan exclaimed hugging her. She then wondered if Roe knew Beau's real name.