Ch 4: Honey Rum Empress (Part 5)

When Dorian arrived back at the palace he fell sick for a few weeks. He assumed it was from the stress and mental anguish of being away from Dylan. Not unexpected after being so involved with her for so long. It was called Long Distances Sickness, essentially it was just something that happened when alphas and omegas got separated early in a relationship.

It was some sort of evolutionary trait left over from previous generations. Basically, it just meant that his body, noticing that Dylan wasn't around anymore. Was reacting as though he thought she had died or they had broken up. Even though it wasn't the case.

So it didn't surprise Dorian in the least when he woke up every morning throwing up. Or that he suddenly wanted to create a nest on his bed. A need that he hadn't had before. But he had assumed he had missed laying in Dylan's nest with her. He called her when he could, but there were only so many hours in the day and phone calls only did so much.

When the winter semester finally arrived, Dorian had been busy moving into his dorm room. He had waited for Dylan to call him to let him know she arrived in the country. But she had yet to do that.

Some young noblemen crowded around him trying to befriend him in some manner. Dorian ignored them all until he smelt a familiar scent on the wind whipping around he saw Dylan standing in the distance leaning on a pillar. A bouquet of roses in her hand.

Dorian dropped the box he was carrying and ran. "Dylan!" he shouted jumping into her arms. Dylan easily caught him spinning around. Dorian wrapped his legs around her not even noticing people gasp or stare. He grabbed her face and kissed her. As he pulled away Dylan grinned, Dorian's smile faded and he glared. "You jerk! I was supposed to pick you up!" He shouted pulling her ears. "Ow!" Dylan whined. "I'm sorry!"

Dylan sat Dorian down, she rubbed her ears. "I'm sorry, the duchess got to me first!" She apologized. "I sent a letter to the palace but they rejected it." She added, "I tried calling but I didn't have any signal." She sighed rolling her eyes. "Where were you?" Dorian asked, "My territory." Dylan told him, "I've been there for the last week."

"You've been in the empire for a week!?" Dorian screeched, Dylan winced. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I had a ton of built-up paperwork!" She said shoving the roses over to him. "I'll make it up I promise!" She exclaimed. Dorian huffed, "You better!" He said pointing at her before taking the roses. He smelt them and he smiled. "They smell like the ones back in the states." He said softly.

"They're grown from some of the stems," Dylan explained before she looked around noticing people staring. "Huh... Can I help you?" She asked, Dorian then looked up and noticed everyone's shocked faces. The last five minutes was probably the most expressive Dorian had ever been. So their shock was reasonable.

Dorian pursed his lips together not liking the staring and whispering, particularly from the omegas. He could tell everyone was sizing Dylan up. "Ignore them," he said to Dylan. "Huh? Okay." Dylan said looking back over at Dorian. "Come on, let's go to our room," Dorian announced loudly grabbing her hand. It was customary at the academy for couples to get rooms together. So essentially Dorian was announcing to everyone exactly who Dylan was.

The message was clear to everyone, Dylan was his and they needed to back the hell off.

"Hey isn't that box yours?" Dylan asked removing her hand from Dorian's as she walked over and picked it up. Dorian had forgotten all about the heavy box. "Hey, this is pretty heavy." She remarked. "I'll carry it for you." She said winking at him. Dorian smiled, he had missed that so much. Being treated preciously with no other reason than just to make him feel precious. "Thank you." He said softly. "No problem Dori," Dylan said shifting so the box was in one hand. She then held out her other. Dorian smiled and took it.