six

be sure to vote and comment!!

"i'm getting bored. what's something else we can play, chat?" august asked as she finished another round of bed wars.

she reclined back as she read through her chat. she really wasn't seeing many responses that she was interested in. her attention was then grabbed by her receiving a donation.

sapnap donated $250
"get on the dsmp with me"

"is that really you sapnap? discord message me if so. what do you think chat? we wanna get on the smp? its been a while since i've been on it."august said, a bit embarrassed that nick donated so much money when he could have simply messaged her.

sapnap
duh its me now join the server

august tried to ignore the fact that her chat was freaking out over their interaction as she logged on to the server. it had been months since she joined. the last time was just before her and nick's fight. she felt like she wasn't allowed to after that since nick was the reason she was whitelisted in the first place.

when her game loaded up, she found her character on the roof of the community house.

"oh my gosh- what is half of this?" she quickly spun around her character and took in all of the new buildings she had yet to see, but she was interrupted by an incoming call from nick.

"august! hi! meet me at your house." he immediately instructed before august even had a chance to speak.

"okay, okay."

everything in august's mind was telling her this was wrong as she had mental alarms going off. after months of avoiding nick and everything that had to do with him, she didn't understand why she was letting her guard down so quickly and seemingly allowing things to return to normal. there was something so magnetic about nick that she couldn't resist.

august remembered that her house was just past george's hobbit house. the two of them both agreed that they wanted to live in the far more peaceful country side of the smp. august was shocked to see her cottage like home still standing. she figured after months of her not being on the server that someone like tommy would have come by and torn it down to make room for a new project. she did notice something unfamiliar as she approached the home. there was a wooden sign right outside of the door that said "do not touch -sapnap".

"hey!" nick shouted as his character bounced over up behind her.

"hi sap." she greeted as she followed him into the home she built, noticing him quickly breaking the sign he had placed.

he asked her what the last thing was she remembered as far as the lore went and proceeded to explain to her what kinoko kingdom and las nevadas was. she tried her best to keep up but knew she couldn't remember it all.

as she listened, part of her forgot she had an audience of a few thousand people watching their conversation. she had memories come to mind of her staying up for hours on discord with nick. they never had any real reason for staying up so late, it was more of not wanting to hang up. not wanting to leave the other's presence.

august was in a weird spot. part of her was feeling such a happy nostalgia with being able to experience this little bit a joy that used to consume her mind. but the other part of her was putting up defenses. sure, these moments were nice a few months ago, but they ended in complete and utter heartbreak.

"n- i mean sapnap? i think i'm gonna go ahead and end my stream. give me just a minute, i'm going to deafen." august quickly blurted, interrupting nick mid-sentence.

"oh, okay. bye stream!" he replied a bit confused

"sorry everyone, i just realized how exhausted i am. i think my next stream is scheduled for this friday and i think we are gonna be hanging with tina for that one, so keep an eye out on my twitter for more info on that one. i love all of you and i'll see y'all next time. bye!!" she quickly ended, not even bothering to find someone to raid.

she sat for a moment and let out a deep breath before undeafening.

"hey, sorry about that." august said with a sigh.

"no you're fine. what's up? you seem stressed."

she hadn't even noticed until just then that he had his camera turned on. months ago, when sitting on call for hours was a regular thing, nick would turn his camera on. he never expected august to turn hers on, realizing pretty quickly that it would be a while before he ever even saw her. she always loved to just sit and watch him while he talked, allowing her to imagine a day where they would be able to have that same scenario in person.

"i don't know if i'd say i'm stressed, because i don't think i could tell you any specific thing that is stressing me. just feeling a bit off."

"well i'm sorry augy. hey, guess what." she watched as he took off his hat to run his hand through his hair before covering his head once more. she took note of how long his hair had gotten.

"what is it?"

"so, at the end of the month i'm actually coming back to texas for a week. my parents have been begging me to come visit and i really miss my siblings, so i'm gonna finally do it. and, um, i don't know how you feel about it, but if you were okay with it i could maybe come see you? i wouldn't mind driving to dallas. i don't know, what do you think?" august watched as the boy on her screen nervously sorted a deck of pokemon cards in his lap.

"i don't think i'm ready for that nick," august watched as his hands sat still but he didn't look up. "i'm sorry."

"you still do that." despite the fact that he was looking down, she could barely see a small smile appear on his face.

"what?"

"you've always had a bad habit of apologizing when you don't need to." he glanced up for a half a second, knowing she would see him.

"sap! are we still gonna watch a movie?" august heard dream yelling in the background.

"i should probably get going." nick sighed.

"go keep dream happy, he does pay your rent after all." she joked.

"yeah, yeah. i'll talk to you later augy. goodnight."

"goodnight nicky."