eighteen

nicky
you said you would be done by 6>:(

"hey tina, i probably need to head out. i've got some plans tonight." hadden said into her headset. even though she wasn't streaming herself, she was joining tina on stream as they played raft.

"hm, well i guess that's alright. what kind of plans do you have?"

"just some last florida things before i go home."

"have fun! bye august! tell dream and sapnap i said hi. thanks for hanging out."

"bye tina! bye chat!"

hadden quietly exited the discord and shut down the pc before grabbing her tote bag and heading to nick's room.

"hey, sorry i didn't realize it was already six. oh honey-" hadden stopped her sentence as soon as she walked in.

"what?" nick immediately looked himself over to see what she was referencing.

"that's not how you make a bed." hadden said, holding a hand over her mouth to try and keep nick from hearing her laugh.

"what do you mean? of course it is."

he stood up off of his bed and motioned to the lopsided comforter with the pillows hidden under it.

"no, its okay i'll help," hadden said through her giggled. "here, grab that corner."

the two then straighten up the comfort and hadden arranged his pillows based on their pillowcase covers.

"can we go now?" nick said rolling his eyes at hadden, while simultaneously thinking it was cute how particular she was.

"mhm."

nick shouted to dream that the two would be back soon before leading hadden to his car and opening her door for her. he handed his phone over to her and she began playing rex orange county.

hadden didn't bother asking where they were going, because she knew nick wanted it to be a surprise. she couldn't help but notice the picnic basket in the backseat however.

"here we are."

nick told hadden that he wanted to take her out to do something special, since her time in florida was quickly coming to an end. he said he would plan every detail.

once he opened her door he quickly grabbed the picnic basket and led her to their destination. he had driven them to a nearby lake.

"give me a hand?" he asked as he pulled out a blanket from the top of the basket.

they raised it into the air just like the old elementary school parachute game before smoothing it out onto the ground. they both took their seat as nick began pulling out all he had packed.

"um, so i didn't really know what i was doing so dream's mom had to help me a bit. her and drista made the chocolate strawberries. and then she gave me this," he pulled out a wooden tray of cheese and crackers and different deli meats covered in plastic wrap, which he quickly took off. "i think its like a shark-cutey board."

"shark-cutey?" hadden choked on her water at the wording.

"uh, yeah? that's what she said."

"charcuterie," she playfully patted his cheek. "it's a good thing you're pretty."

"shut up." he laughed as he laid back with his elbows propping him up.

the two sat and held light conversation, enjoying their time together. it didn't take long for the two to begin prodding at each others minds with bigger topics.

"what do you think you'll do when you're done streaming? or do you think you'll always want to do it?" nick asked as he grabbed a chocolate strawberry, then sliding the box with the last one over to hadden.

"i don't think i always want to stream. i'd like to stop before i burn out. i wanna end strong. i don't know what else i would do. when i was really little i always thought i would be an author. the second i was able to read and write i started writing these awful stories." hadden laughed at the sentiment. she looked over at nick who was nodding for her to continue her story.

"but when i started playing video games i got so intrigued with the mechanics and the making of them. i don't know, maybe it would be cool to combine those two things and be a video game story creator and write for different video game story lines. what do you think you would do?" hadden looked at nick who had his eyes glued to her with a small grin on his face. "you're staring, nicky."

"i'm aware, haddy," he shrugged before sitting up. "what would i do? i'm really not too sure. i asked you because its something i don't like to think of too much. i'd like to think that me and george and dream would make some sort of business out of the following we've created. i don't think i want to stray too far from what i'm doing now, though. hey, look at that!"

hadden laughed at how quickly his attention was drawn to the rainbow in the distance that sat over the water.

"could i take your picture?" nick asked.

"um, sure i guess."

he eagerly grabbed her hand and walked her to a nearby picnic table. after posing for just a few moments he opened the picture in his camera roll to show hadden.

"look how pretty!"

"woah, you can really see the rainbow." hadden said, not knowing how to feel because she hadn't had a picture taken of her like this in so long.

"i'm not talking about the rainbow. i'll send it to you. this should be the one when you decide you wanna face reveal. if you wanna."

"when do you think i should?" hadden earnestly asked.

"well," nick sat next to her on the picnic table. "i don't think its something you do when you necessarily feel ready, because i don't know if you can feel ready. i think its something you do when you're tired of still having that piece of you hidden."

"well said, nicky." hadden placed her head on his shoulder.

"i can be well spoken sometimes, you know?"

august | @ augusttweets
i dont know what you're supposed to say with these things, but hey! heres my face!

august | @ augusttweetsi dont know what you're supposed to say with these things, but hey! heres my face!

sapnap | @ sapnap
photo creds :D

dream | @ dream
she beat me to it, congrats august!

tina :D | @ tinakitten
UM THIS IS AN IMMEDIATE MARRIAGE
PROPOSAL

quackity | @ quackity
what tina said 🥵

corpse husband | @ corpse_husband
ive been telling you all that august is hot

     george | @ georgenotfound
     put the dogs away (but on a serious note im
     proud of you)