fifteen

unknown number
hi this is shelly, your uber. i am outside waiting.

"oh crap, my uber is here. is there any last minute stuff i'm forgetting?" hadden said as she quickly zipped up her suitcase.

"you've asked me that twenty times and every time i've said no and of there is something you're missing then we can just go buy it." nick responded.

she glanced at the facetime call to see nick leaned back at his desk playing valorant. a grin spread across her face as she watched his focused expression.

"okay, i should probably get going then. and don't forget my plane lands at-"

"2:35. i know hadden, stop stressing." he gave his attention to the nervous girl on his phone and couldn't help but grin at her nature to overreact.

"you're right. well, i guess i'll see you here in a bit?"

"of course. be safe and i'll see you the second you step out of the terminal."

"bye nicky."

"bye augy." he gave a big cheesy grin before hanging up.

travel was second hand nature to hadden. she always adored it because her parents raised her to. whether it was week long roadtrips in an rv or flying across the country to see national landmarks. so flying from texas to florida gave her zero nerves.

the nerves came from the fact that she would be staying with nick. everyday hadden had to work to tear down the walls she put between her and nick, and this was another step. and while this made her nervous, she also found herself overjoyed.

she was going to get time with not just one of her best friends, but two. she was so eager to finally meet dream and spend time with the two roommates.

from her window seat, she watched the comforts of texas fade and as the flight trickled on she found her nerves being switched for eagerness. she was convincing herself into a newfound confidence. she was so tired of being caught up in everything that had happened over the last year. this trip could be the perfect reset she needed.

"we would like to thank you for flying with us this afternoon, and welcome you to sunny, orlando, florida." the pilot called over the scratchy intercom.

the exhilaration built up in hadden. she was so excited to see nick. she never thought she would feel an eagerness like this to see him ever again, but man, was she glad she did.

hadden quickly grabbed her carry on bag and waited for those in front of her to move so she could exit the plane. it didn't take long for her to identify the signs pointing her towards luggage claim. she began remembering what it felt like to hug nick and have him close to her.

she thought to pull out her phone and text nick letting him know she had landed but as she rounded the corner she instantly made eye contact with him out of an entire crowd.

nick ran over, instantly wrapping her in a hug, lifting her feet a few inches off of the ground.

"hey nicky," she said giggling from the greeting she received.

"hey haddy." he gave her a tight squeeze before letting go.

without a second thought, he grabbed the backpack off of her back to put it on his.

"let's get your stuff and we can get going."

the airport was rather crowded which normally brings on some anxiety for hadden, but almost as if he was reading her mind, nick grabbed her hand and led her so he wouldn't lose her among the people.