thirty three

august | @ augusttweets
couple day social media and streaming break! see you on the other side

"and twitter is logged out of. i think thats the last one." hadden said as she locked her phone.

"here," nick said as he handed her his phone while he kept one hand on the wheel. "go ahead and log out mine."

"really? you don't have to." she slowly began opening his socials, impressed with his trust in just giving her his phone.

"why not? i probably need a break too." he shrugged as he turned the music up again.

as hadden logged out of the rest of his connection to social media she leaned back and relaxed herself in his passenger seat. they were already several hours into their roadtrip and it was already so enjoyable for hadden. early on in the trip they spent about an hour in a facetime call with karl who was complaining that they were taking a trip to texas and not north carolina. every so often a song would come on and nick would take the opportunity to blast it and serenade hadden.

"how much longer until we're there?" hadden said, accidentally letting out a yawn.

"still maybe two hours. you wanna get a nap?"

"i don't want to leave you bored. what on earth will you do if i can't keep you entertained?" hadden exaggerated.

"i think i'll make it," he cut his eyes over at hadden before rolling them. "get some rest and i'll wake you up once we're there."

as hadden leaned back to get more comfortable, nick acted on impulse and reached over to place a hand on her thigh. it terrified both of them at first but they both found themselves more comfortable as he rubbed his thumb back and forth on top of her leg. she quickly laid down and attempted to cover the smile spread across her face.

"haddy."

"hm?"

"hadden."

"mhm? what?"

hadden peeled her eyes open and sat up in her seat as they drove through some suburbs. nick reached over combed down her hair with his fingers, cutting his eyes between her and the road.

"we're like 3 streets away from my house." he said in a hushed voice, knowing she was still waking up.

hadden pulled down the mirror and instantly began fixing her hair and making sure her mascara hadn't smeared while she slept.

"do i look okay?"

"i think you look beautiful."

"shut up." she rolled her eyes and took in a deep breath as nick pulled into the driveway of a home she could only assume to be his family's. the front yard held a houston rockets yard sign as well as a crashed, pink razor scooter.

she sat nervously for a moment. she wasn't sure what to expect, and even worse, she wasn't sure what his family expected. did they have expectations that she couldn't live up to? had nick brought home girls before her?

"ready?" nick asked before quickly getting out of the car to open her door for her.

she shyly grabbed his hand and followed him to the front door. as soon as he knocked on the front door, a small high pitched voice could be heard from inside the house.

"they're here!" the voice screamed before the door was unlocked and flung open. "nick!"

all of a sudden a little girl who couldn't have been older than seven years old ran outside and jumped into her older brother's arms.